Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Fresh Meat IX: Welcome MisterFix

We need some more fresh blood in here! I'm going to advertise this game out in BGG proper. We want to fill this game with mainly new players and maybe 3-4 veteran players (depending on newbie interest).

Game will start when full and will not run over the weekend.
Dusk will be at 4:00pm BGG.
Dawn will be at 5:00pm BGG.

TEAM GOOD

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns whether that player is "Wolf" or "not Wolf." The Seer receives a random negative view on Night 0 (N0). Thereafter, the Seer chooses which player to view.

Martyr - Each night, may choose one player to protect. If the protected player is targeted for Night Kill or another player’s Brutal, the martyr will die stead.

Hunter - Defies parity. If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when lynched or killed.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

TEAM EVIL

Brutal Werewolf - Shares a private chat with the Normal Werewolf. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on N0. If the Brutal Werewolf is killed in any way, he may kill one other player.

Normal Werewolf - Shares a private chat with the Brutal Werewolf. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on N0.

Sorcerer – Knows the identity of the wolves. Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns whether that player is “Seer” or “not Seer.” The Sorcerer receives a random negative view on Night 0 (N0). Thereafter, the Sorcerer chooses which player to view. Wins with the wolves even if dead. Counts as good for parity.

Victory Conditions

There is no individual victory. You win if your team wins, whether you survive or not.

The village/good team wins:
When both wolves are dead.

The werewolf/evil team wins:
When the number of living werewolves equals (or exceeds) the number of all other players.

Sequence of Play

The sequence of play lasts one full day, starting when I post [dawn]. At that point, discussion begins and the village will try to find the evil wolves.

Dusk will fall at 4:00pm BGG time (central). At that time, whoever has the most votes will be lynched and the vote count will be reset to zero.

Players are permitted to post in the forum at night without restriction.

During the night, the wolves will submit a Night Kill order for one player. The seer, martyr, and sorcerer will submit their night orders. All orders are to be submitted to me in Cassandra Chat. It is located on the Cassandra Game page for this game by clicking on "Cassandra Communication System":

At 5:00pm BGG time (central), I will reveal who was killed and reveal the victim's full role. The seer will receive their view results. Then [dawn] will be posted which begins a new day of voting.

Voting

Votes are cast using player's names in brackets, bolded. Like this:
[vote Goo]

The name is not case sensitive and can sometimes be shortened. Be sure to watch for the Vote Tally to make sure you vote was recorded properly.

You can remove your vote similarly:
[unvote Goo] or [unvote all]

You do not need to unvote to change your vote. Simply submit the new vote.

Here is a general primer on Werewolf on BGG with good resource links:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/118282

We currently do not have a formal definitive list of "unwritten rules" and etiquette, but here are some general guidelines:

- Do not attempt to play the same game under more than one name.
- Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc.
- Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use code or secret messages--this equates to discussion outside the thread.
- Do not edit/delete posts.
- Do not quote communications from Cassie chatrooms. Paraphrasing is usually okay.
- Do not talk after you are dead or replaced. Some moderators do allow contentless "Bah!" posts which should have zombie emoticons. You should never reveal information once you are dead.
- Play to win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Welcome MisterFix
Player List According to Cassandra:
cjdotcom
gdapkus
MisterFix
yiatzi

4 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7523...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Fix
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ohhhhhh yeah!

I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had a P11 fix in a while.

I'll step out if enough fresh meat shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
gdapkus wrote:

I'll step out if enough newbs show up.

This is a welcoming party for MisterFix. He is the newb. And he's already signed up.

Let's fill this fast and start!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb
10 GG for a pot for newbie advertising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
gdapkus wrote:

This is a welcoming party for MisterFix. He is the newb. And he's already signed up.

That's what i thought, but then I read this:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Welcome MisterFix

We need some more fresh blood in here! I'm going to advertise this game out in BGG proper. We want to fill this game with mainly new players and maybe 3-4 veteran players (depending on newbie interest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
gdapkus wrote:

Wait, I want my gold back. MisterFix just dropped out of my game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
gdapkus wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
gdapkus wrote:

That's what i thought, but then I read this:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Welcome MisterFix

I suppose I could edit the post I just ripped from a fresh meat game.

I'll take this out to BGG proper to get some fresh meat in here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Gilbert
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I'm super new to both BGG and WW.
This looks like it might be the perfect place to jump in.
I still need to sign up on cassy.
I have read the rules and WW forum game guide.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
cjdotcom wrote:
Hi there,
I'm super new to both BGG and WW.
This looks like it might be the perfect place to jump in.
I still need to sign up on cassy.
I have read the rules and WW forum game guide.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome. Just get signed up at cassy and join this game and you are ready to go.

Post here if you have any trouble signing up or any other questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I never know how to pay out the prize money. I tried to distribute it to all new players once and everyone got 1-2GG. So that was kinda lame.

I'm thinking either random drawing of a player on the winning team or MVP award (discretionary).

The prize lot is now 10GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
I never know how to pay out the prize money. I tried to distribute it to all new players once and everyone got 1-2GG. So that was kinda lame.

I'm thinking either random drawing of a player on the winning team or MVP award (discretionary).

I would be willing to donate more GG to the prize pool. I don't use it much anyway, and if it "sweetens the pot," all the better.

I just don't know how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:

I would be willing to donate more GG to the prize pool. I don't use it much anyway, and if it "sweetens the pot," all the better.

I just don't know how.

You can just tip my opening post. I will distribute the total at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Gilbert
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Gilbert
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
done and done.
looking forward to it.
thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added 5 GG to the pot. Also, I am willing to play. I won't sign up in case it fills with new players but feel free to add me to fill the game fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also willing to play for fastnessness.

Hee hee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw your post on the main boards... I've been interested in giving this a go, so I'll be one of your fresh meat...

Provided I can figure out how to work it...

I've played Mafia/Werewolf before so I'm familiar with the game, just not with Casandra or the way the forum play works... I could use help understanding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
I saw your post on the main boards... I've been interested in giving this a go, so I'll be one of your fresh meat...

Provided I can figure out how to work it...

I've played Mafia/Werewolf before so I'm familiar with the game, just not with Casandra or the way the forum play works... I could use help understanding it.

In an overly-simplified nutshell:

-Cassandra is used to give out roles, communicate with the mod directly, talk with fellow teammates in-game, track votes and kills, and basically make finding information easier for everyone.

-The BGG forum (here) is used to communicate in game with all of the players in the game. In F2F, this would be where the conversation takes place around the circle, and ultimately the thread is where the Good team figures out who is evil.

For lots more information on the actual nuts-and-bolts of playing and using both systems, http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/118282 is a great place to start. For information about the current game you are in, I would recommend asking Goo about other games he has modded that share a similar roleset, and read through one of them to get the idea of how the game plays out. You could also look at said game in Cassandra and see who is which role, how they played it, what the wolves talked about in wolfchat, etc.

Just some suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

The main difference between Face to Face play and forum play is that in forum play, the "day" phase ends at a set time - (4:00pm BGG/central time for this game), and at that time whoever has gotten the most votes, regardless of whether or not it's a majority, is lynched. (The tie breaker is Long Held Last Vote, commonly LHLV, or rather, between the tied players, looking only at the most recent votes on them, which of their most recent votes was held the longest - that is the player who is lynched).

The other main difference is that wolves have a private chatroom (in Cassandra).

Enjoy your first online game!

Changed lynch time example BECAUSE GOO IS A NOOB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goo, your times are listed as 2/3 in the rules and 4/5 on Cassie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
BlackSheep wrote:
Goo, your times are listed as 2/3 in the rules and 4/5 on Cassie.

Corrected.

Lynch is at 4:00 bgg time
Dawn is at 5:00 bgg time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Adams
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Lets do this! (I signed up but Cassy hasn't realized it yet)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
derekadams32 wrote:
Lets do this! (I signed up but Cassy hasn't realized it yet)

Cassy knows, but she can't access BGG and update the signup list today due to the SOPA blackout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [32] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.