Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Berlemann
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So right now I am living in an area where it is hard to scrouge up a gamer or two. At least ones interested in some of the games that I like to play. However, I have had recent success using skype to play a game. I was in the mood to play a game of "Downtown: Air War over Hanoi" last night and was talking with a buddy of mine about it. He said that he had just picked up the game too and was looking for folks to play with as well. Long story short we were able to get in about 2 hours of gaming via web cam/Skype with each other playing a game that we both were looking to enjoy. Basically had the camera pointed at the game board and played like one would PBEM but instead of waiting for turns we were able to play almost "real time" via the camera.

Anyone else tried to use Skype or some other video chat IM client to get a game or two in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends and I use Skype several times a week for gaming on BSW, but we haven't tried it on an actual board yet.

I guess a lot would depend on the game. If you are drawing cards or you had some hidden resources, I think it would be much more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yeah, way-back in 2004 with "Yahoo Group Chat" until it was discontinued due to being abused by 'perverts', and then with "Google Chat" a few years later for "Axis & Allies" with someone over in Belgium. Don't attempt such with any 'dial-up' service, that is.
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.