Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played a game yet, but I can't wait!!

So, I'm reading the rule book and the Dealer action and I'm a bit confused on it.

The rules state that I put a Wild Die token on the action space along with my moved die/dice

What if I don't have a Wild Die token?
Do I just take one from the token pool and return it later?

Maybe I'm missing something, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:

So, I'm reading the rule book and the Dealer action and I'm a bit confused on it.

The rules state that I put a Wild Die token on the action space along with my moved die/dice

Thanks

If you take the Dealer +/- Action you claim a Wild Die token from the Reserve Pool of tokens and place it on the moved die/dice.

Enjoy.

-Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
pincao wrote:
MilkFromACow wrote:

Thanks

If you take the Dealer +/- Action you claim a Wild Die token from the Reserve Pool of tokens and place it on the moved die/dice.

Enjoy.

-Paul

Thanks for answering this. I was confused by this too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pincao wrote:
MilkFromACow wrote:

Thanks

Enjoy.

-Paul

Is the Wild Die then consumed immediately? I'm guessing so, so in essence you don't use YOUR Wild Die, you use one as a marker from the pool.

Seems like a clarification that could be pointed out in the Rulebook 1.2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wild Die token is removed during Action Resolution...

In the case of the Dealer +/- Action , the Wild Die placement (from the pool) is done to reduce any confusion amongst players. Once players get a hang of the flow of the game the placement phase moves along quite quickly....having the Wild Die token placed along with dice just makes it clear to all players how the initial roll was placed.

The other reason it is important to place a Wild Die token on a placed die is just in case it is bumped by the Outlaw special ability (if you are playing with that variant). It is important to record that the die was manipulated (and what the original pip value was) so that it can be re-positioned later...

-Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
Is the Wild Die then consumed immediately? I'm guessing so, so in essence you don't use YOUR Wild Die, you use one as a marker from the pool.

Thank you for bringing this up. I have made note of this in version 1.2 of the rule book as you mentioned. The third sentence on page 7 under Dealer bullet point #1 should read something closer to this:

"They simply move the die or combination of dice onto an action that is one lower or higher than the die/dice result and place a Wild Die token from the Bank on the action."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
MilkFromACow wrote:

Thank you for bringing this up. I have made note of this in version 1.2 of the rule book as you mentioned. The third sentence on page 7 under Dealer bullet point #1 should read something closer to this:

"They simply move the die or combination of dice onto an action that is one lower or higher than the die/dice result and place a Wild Die token from the Bank on the action."

That sounds perfect. I'm going to try out Dark Horse this weekend hopefully. Should be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.