A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Deckbuilding with Core + Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
msg tools
Hi from NZ (where LOTR was filmed)

First time poster, long time reader.

I've recently purchased the Core set along with the LoW, PotS and QoD d. expansions and refugees of war chapter pack.

I plan on purchasing the other expansions for each house as I can source them (bloody hard to here) including GJs and the other 2 chapter packs recommended in the main guide.

My question is, if I can build a balanced deck for each house from just the above (core + each house's expansion + 3 trininity chapter packs). ill be playing pretty casually but may try and find a play group.

I am loathe to purchase another core set, due to the price and the idea of buying a duplicate of something does not sit well with me, although I acknowledge the advantages of doing so.

I've only played the game once with my partner and it went for about 2-3 hours as the game has a huge learning curve but will post my questions up once I come across them again (there were a few)

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer - yes, if you'll be playing casually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
msg tools
thanks. can anyone post relevant deck builds for each house

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, do you have each house's expansion? You only listed the Martell, Stark, and Targaryen expansions. Do you have Greyjoy, Baratheon, and Lannister as well? You will be hard pressed to make balanced decks using just the neutrals for the houses without the deluxe expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
msg tools
i have the core set + princes of the sun, queens of dragon and lords of winter. i will eventually get the baratheon, lannister and greyjoy one.

just wanted to know if i could make balanced decks for each house from the above ^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Hansen

Lübeck
Schleswig-Holstein
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use the ones provided in the expansion. Due to the nature of some "must have" plot cards, you might want to "proxy" some cards, which are needed in every deck (aka Valar Morghulis).

C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
msg tools
do you mean proxy, by pretending a card is something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably printing the card and sleeving it, or just writing it on a piece of paper and sleeving it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
msg tools
i've just received my Kings of the Sea expansion today, so that's pretty cool. can someone suggest deck lists for Targ, GJ, Martell and Stark with respective expansion and one core.

im not familiar enough with the game to construct my own deck from the deck building websites.. and if i can use the deck lists suggsted from targ and stark box then great.. but just the other 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this thread on cardgamedb
4 decks built with 2x Core set

Now the 4 initial decks aren't going to be much use to you but a few posts in there are decks built for Martell and Greyjoy using only cards from their expansion and core. I'd say you can use the suggested decklists for Targ and Stark and then build versions of the Greyjoy and Martell which would compete fairly well against them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.