Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Fellow Geeks,

I have had some interest in this game for some time and now I have a little cash I am considering buying the game.

I have read several reviews (Well the ones here and on Silent War) and both appeal to me.

Cash outlay is not the issue, what I would like to know is am I better waiting for the reprint of Silent War (unless you know someone that has it in stock) And no I am not paying $150.00USD as one shop had it listed for that.

Or should I splash out on the Steel Wolves?

I do have a dedicated are I can leave set up so this is not a problem either,

any thoughts, comments would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
They are different games in the way they play. I would say go with Silent War first, and it happened in your back yard so to speak I think it much easier to play.

Be sure to pick up the IJN navy expansion for it as well.

Cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Konyha
United States
Terrytown
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zhodanicommando wrote:
They are different games in the way they play. I would say go with Silent War first, and it happened in your back yard so to speak I think it much easier to play.

Be sure to pick up the IJN navy expansion for it as well.

Cheers
Kevin

+1. Silent War with the IJN expansion is really the way to go if you are just starting the system, as Steel Wolves adds several layers of chrome specific to the Atlantic theater. Also, I suggest, whether there is room or not, play on Vassal, if only to save the wear and tear on this fine (and pricey!) game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Milne
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick up whichever campaign interests you more, to be honest. Previous posters are correct in that Steel Wolves is an order of magnitude bigger and has significantly more complexity/chrome. Silent War is therefore more manageable, but if the Atlantic battles are your thing, then don't hesitate to grab Steel Wolves while it's available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.