4 Posts

War of the Ring (First Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Action dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiffany Stolk

Michigan
msg tools
Where in the rules does it say when the FP obtain more action dice? I know they start with only 4. Is it when a character leaves the fellowship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
No, one die gained when Gandalf the White enters play and the other when Strider becomes Aragorn. Actually, the dice are gained on the following turn's action roll.

Sorry, but I don't know where in the rules it is though, but it's there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ft
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
As discussed on p. 18-19 of the 2nd edition rules, there are two characters that give the FP more action dice: Gandalf the White and Aragorn -- Heir to Isildur. These characters enter play part-way through the game as discussed on their corresponding character cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Both cards (Gandalf the White's and Aragorn's) also show the symbol that means that they give the FP an extra Action die, see page 25 of the Second Edition rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.