George Burkhart

Bloomington
Indiana
msg tools
Hello All,

***Spoilers ahead for 1C Blood Relative**

The game was going well, but I was having a difficult time lowering the sanity of the blood relative. No problem with the health though. My goal is to get the blood relative to zero sanity and zero health.

However, when the "reveal objective" event card was displayed, it also said the blood relative takes 1 damage. The blood relative only had 1 health left and this killed the blood relative. What happens next? The standard rules say that a player is eliminated if their player dies after the objective is revealed (which the event card revealed), but the scenario specific rules state that if a player is killed, a new one is started as the blood relative.

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
If memory serves, this was asked in another thread. I think your only mode of victory, as the keeper, is to run out the clock. The blood relative is gone, and therefore can't be reduced to 0\0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Burkhart

Bloomington
Indiana
msg tools
Thanks Ken. I did a Google and Board Game Geek search before I posted. I'll search a little more to find the details of the thread you mentioned.

I will probably have the investigator take 1 horror instead of 1 damage, since the spirit of the card I believe is intended to help the keeper get closer to the objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
A fine example of why the Keeper should be able to read the Event cards in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.