Valor & Victory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Support weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Santos
Portugal
Soa Pedro de Moel
flag msg tools
Just started playing V&V again with a after long break and wonder if anyone can help :

1. Can a unit use its SW to fire at one target and its inherent APFP at another in same phase?

2. In OP fire does a group of units in the same hex have to fire just once as a FG, or can they fire individually each time the same moving target enters a new hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Lambert
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in the learning stage myself, but these are the answers I think are right:

1. If you look at rule 1.14 Support Weapon ...A support weapon must be carried, and used, by an infantry unit... you can conclude that if you fire a support weapon, you command an attack to one of your units. If you look at rule 13.1 General ...Each unit may only attack once per turn... you can conclude that the answer is no.

2. The answer for this question isn't explicitly mentioned, but I would follow rule 14.2 Anti-Personnel Fire Groups Infantry units occupying the same hex may form a fire group, combining their APFP ratings to fire at the same target, or they may fire separately (or in smaller fire groups) at different targets. Infantry units in the same hex may not fire separately at the same target; if the units are attacking the same target, during the same turn, they must form a single fire group and combine their APFP ratings. I think the answer is again no.

Yours sincerely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on the money, Bruno -- and welcome back, Pedro!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Santos
Portugal
Soa Pedro de Moel
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply Bruno, and to Barry for putting it all up again. Hope there is a way to make this worthwhile for you so that the game continues to grow.

I can't remember how I used to play this, but, in the second case, having to make just one big attack makes OP fire a pretty hit and miss affair on the most usual 11-18 row. Guess you hold fire until enemy units get adjacent for the -2.

Multi-hex FGs seem to have disappeared. Is that right?

I really enjoy V&V - the preparation, the look, the flow, the decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pedrosantos wrote:

Multi-hex FGs seem to have disappeared. Is that right?

If you liked them they didn't

(My son and I still play by the older rules, which includes multi-hex fire groups - I'd have to reread the thread that discusses why they were taken out to see what our preference would be, but we just never "updated" to the newer rules.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.