Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping someone out there could advise me.

I was interested in seeing Tin Tin and was wondering if it is ok to take a 4 year old (almost 5, come March). She has seen Tangled, Smurfs, and Toy Story 3 in theatres and various other movies at home.

I have checked online and seen some conflicting reviews, some say it's fine, others have concerns (mostly violence, complex story, and a character drinks far too much).

Any advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty intense. The animation is very life-like (as you've no doubt seen in previews) which magnifies the impact. My seven-year-old was taken by the previews, but wasn't sure if he wanted to go at first. We did go, and he enjoyed it, but a year ago it probably would have been too much. I think it would be overwhelming for a 4-year-old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My friend and I were talking about how some of the themes seemed a little much for the younger crowd. There was a considerable amount of drinking and some violence (although no blood).

It's probably important to note that the theater was packed with children but I don't remember hearing much out of them for the entire movie. That could mean that it was over their heads or that they were just very engrossed in it the whole time. I'm not quite sure. I would say that it's probably a bit much for a 4-year-old though.

On a different note, I personally thought that the movie was very good. Not the most amazing thing ever, but definitely entertaining and worth a watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Back 9th Feb 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
While there are guns and some physical violence, there's no blood, injuries or deaths on screen. It could be pretty intense for a young child, especially at a 3D showing. Alcohol is shown in a negative light, and is a preoccupation of Captain Haddock, but hardly derails the plot. My 8 year old niece loved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please keep in mind that the mayor work of Tin Tin has been released between 1930 and 1950. As for the drinking, well that were other times. I only know some of the comics so I can't say anything regarding the movie, but I'd say 4 years old is too young.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you let a 4 year old watch Indiana Jones?
Because that's pretty much what the Tintin movie is - just with (brilliant) computer animation & less blood.

I took my daughters (7 & just turned 10) & they liked it, but it helped that they'd watched all the old Tintin cartoons & I'd read some of the comics to them.

Probably no real harm taking a 4/5 year old to see it, I just don't think they'd really get much out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dion wrote:
Would you let a 4 year old watch Indiana Jones?
Because that's pretty much what the Tintin movie is - just with (brilliant) computer animation & less blood.

I took my daughters (7 & just turned 10) & they liked it, but it helped that they'd watched all the old Tintin cartoons & I'd read some of the comics to them.

Probably no real harm taking a 4/5 year old to see it, I just don't think they'd really get much out of it.

Yea... I've decided not to take her, thanks for all the replies.

My wife and I will probably go see the latest Mission Impossible movie. I'm pretty much dreading it, but that's how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.