Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just moved to an apartment in the Alhambra/South Pasadena area about a week ago. It's not the best neighborhood in LA; according to the landlord we get some "riff-raff overflow" from the neighboring areas.

Anyhow, there's been this kid in an older model white Integra that drives into our intersection, revs his car obnoxiously loud while performing (crude) donuts, then drives off. It's all over in less than 10 seconds.

After speaking with some of our neighbors, it's obvious that the kid's been at it for at least a few months now. A few of the tenants even camped out, wrote down his license plate number, and called the police.

I've been here for about 8 days and can just about predict the kid's visits. So BGG, do you fine folks have any ideas what I can do to have a little fun with the twerp? Law enforcement obviously doesn't give a rat's ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scatter nails & screws on the pavement, hope he gets a flat?

covertly build your own speedbump?

Nah, probably not a good idea.

At the least, get him doing it on camera, then maybe get the City Council/local news involved?

Edit: another thought - If it's a younger person, he may still live with Mom & Dad. Tracking him down through his license plate and showing up on their doorstep would be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I thought this was about a goatherd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Complain to the police with your neighbors. The more complaints the more likely they are to do something. If that doesn't get results you and your neighbors should contact your local city councilman.

This actually worked for me. About 5 years ago at our old house we had some guy move into a rental a few door down the street from us. He had turned not one but two cars into giant stereo speakers. He would link them up together and it was so loud that you could feel it through the floor of our house. A number of us complained but the police came out only once and then over 6+ hours later. I remember the officer asking me at my door "Do you hear the noise now?" I wanted to scream.

So about 5 of us contacted our city councilman. Our city councilmen gave us his home phone number and told us next time to call him at home. We did and the police were there in 10 minutes and he got a nice citation. He did it again the next day and we again called our councilman which resulted in the guy's second citation from the same pair of officers and sweet silence from then on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the video idea.. Record him daily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Find out where the *twerp* resides, and have A-L-L of you perform 'Brodies' upon his lawn! Other than this, then perhaps standing nearby with 'bricks' on hand?... brickbrickthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
...story of great awesomeness...
Maybe it's because I'm drunk, but this story is beautiful and it gives me hope for the world. Thank you, mrbeankc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could get one of those tire-spikes things that can roll out when needed. That'll be funny. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I know about handling interpersonal conflict I learned from the movies of the 1980s, so I advocate having a break-dancing competition for pink slips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Complain to the police with your neighbors. The more complaints the more likely they are to do something. If that doesn't get results you and your neighbors should contact your local city councilman.

This actually worked for me. About 5 years ago at our old house we had some guy move into a rental a few door down the street from us. He had turned not one but two cars into giant stereo speakers. He would link them up together and it was so loud that you could feel it through the floor of our house. A number of us complained but the police came out only once and then over 6+ hours later. I remember the officer asking me at my door "Do you hear the noise now?" I wanted to scream.

So about 5 of us contacted our city councilman. Our city councilmen gave us his home phone number and told us next time to call him at home. We did and the police were there in 10 minutes and he got a nice citation. He did it again the next day and we again called our councilman which resulted in the guy's second citation from the same pair of officers and sweet silence from then on.

This is LA. The cops don't even come out if you call 911 'cause a drunk guy crashes into your house and is in your house and won't leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Find out if:
-he owns the car, because if it his parent's care, they probably wouldn't be too happy knowing he does that to the car
-filming him doing it would also be good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Find out if:
-he owns the car, because if it his parent's care, they probably wouldn't be too happy knowing he does that to the car

His insurance company won't be happy either. Video it, get the number plate up on youtube, and send the link and the license number to all the local car insurers. Perfectly legit, if you do something in public you have no privacy. If they are interested, they'll pop the number in their system, and if they insure him, they'll watch the video and respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Next time it happens, go to your window and glare at him, really hard.

Think about how upset you are all the time.

Seethe.

Let your anger fester.

Wake up at night consumed with rage.

That'll show him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acme(R) Portable Hole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best thing to do is to convince all the local teenage girls, and maybe some reality television stars to start referring to doing donuts and engine revving as "gay".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed my district's council member. I'm going to post a bulletin of the details on the cork board in our parking lot for others to do the same.

EYE of NiGHT wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
Find out if:

His insurance company won't be happy either. Video it, get the number plate up on youtube, and send the link and the license number to all the local car insurers. Perfectly legit, if you do something in public you have no privacy. If they are interested, they'll pop the number in their system, and if they insure him, they'll watch the video and respond.

Hmmmmmmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Run out in front of his car. Vehicular Manslaughter charges will ensue and your neighbors will posthumously award you the Medal of Valor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get three other neighbors and 4 bowling balls. Stand on all four corners of the intersection, each with a bowling ball. When he starts doing his spinning, everyone roll the balls out into the street and see who gets a strike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.