Hide
1 Posts

Magic: The Gathering» Forums » Variants

Subject: Integrating MTG into Heroscape rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Gagnon
msg tools
I found a way to bring MTG cards into Heroscape.

When bringing a card game into a miniatures game, it's going to play more like the miniatures game. It does bring a more dynamic magic system into a miniatures game that doesn't do much with magic even though the last incarnation was a Dungeons & Dragons release. I was surprised that nearly every common MTG 2012 card is playable in Heroscape with only minimal translation. By "translation", I mean that some MTG game mechanics had to be reinterpreted so that they would work in Heroscape's game mechanics. Tapping, to show that a card has been used in MTG, equates to a turn marker being used in Heroscape. They're not exactly the same mechanic, but are roughly performing the same function--showing that a game piece has been used during a player's turn. A spell, that causes an MTG card to tap, removes the turn marker on a miniature's card in Heroscape.

I'm not sure if there is any way to make the game play more like Magic without sacrificing the need to keep the game's activities on the map and as a battle between miniature forces. I'm open to ideas.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8263985#8263985
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.