Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Simpson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of the Ra forums seem to be dead so I'm posting here.

I've read all the reviews comparing the two and still can't decide. Priests of Ra is easier to acquire. All of us love Modern Art, and two out of four don't mind higher levels of complexity.

One thing we don't like about Modern Art is a new player can completely through the game off, I understand that is less prevalent in Priests of Ra.

Part of me thinks based on reviews Priests is not so well loved on the geek ratings because it is slightly remaking a classic and not really improving it. That being said I'm only going to get one and if Ra is a significantly better game I'll go through the additional work to get it instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regular Ra is my opinion. $21 or 22 plus shipping from the BGG marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra is so good, there's no reason not to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Priests is a serious downgrade, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanilla Ra. Priests of Ra adds a bunch of time-consuming decisions that add very little to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Regular Ra.

Priests of Ra would be a good game if Ra didn't exist. But it does, and Priests pales in comparison. The real problem is there's really not anything to recommend Priests over the original. The only real difference it has going for it are the double-sided tiles which you choose how to play, and sadly the decision doesn't really add much to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Ra: The Dice Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.