Lisa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I decided to stop in my local B & N today to see what they had in the game section & if anything interesting might be on clearance. Nothing we needed or very tempting for us.There were 4 huge tables of books, games calendars etc jumbled for 75% off. My Montgomeryville, PA store had a copy of the Risk Onyx in shrink wrap buried under the table. I think I remember reading others had been looking & waiting for that % off for that game. Hope this info reaches someone whom is interested in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info -- I'll have to find some time and get over there in the next few days.

Any other deals on games that you noticed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that all of the B&N locations will have the 75% off sale now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool. The manager of the store never told me that! Although he knows I probably wouldn't be interested in Risk Onyx anyway, so ya...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mariogolbee wrote:
Does this mean that all of the B&N locations will have the 75% off sale now?

I have no idea. I don't frequent B & N, I'm typically a thrifter. Just looking for bargains. None for me yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
Thanks for the info -- I'll have to find some time and get over there in the next few days.

Any other deals on games that you noticed?

Mostly Ravensberger jigsaw puzzles, LRC, there were a few other games but very little of BGG-like games . I think the Risk Onyx was the only one that I thought of someone here would want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Shea
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I went this morning and it was disappointing. Here's some of the games I saw on clearance (75% off).

Risk Onyx
Stratego Onyx
Monopoly Onyx and Muppets Monopoly
Scrabble Holiday edition
Clue - Office edition
LRC electronic edition
UNO Spin
SNL the game
LIEbrary
Some Trivial Pursuit game (can't remember which edition)

Edit: BTW, this was in central Jersey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McDonough
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is B an N's getrid of Christmas stuff sale. Most of the games are Christmas games including Scrabble Hioliday edition . There are a few Uno variants for sale and lots of jigsaw puzzles. The Onyx Risk and Stratego were %50 off along with very large Clue and Scrabble games.

A few years ago B and N would have there game sale around mid February to Mid March but they did not have that last year. Their was a game sale in August and I think one in April or May. I think the February sale is a thing of the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game sale is a thing of the past because B&N now stocks these games year-round. My local store even has a sign declaring them as the world's largest toy and game retailer (which seems a bit of an exaggeration).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
My local store even has a sign declaring them as the world's largest toy and game retailer (which seems a bit of an exaggeration).

I don't know... those Onyx Risk boxes are pretty big. Perhaps they are referring to the sizes of the toys and games they sell?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
I think the game sale is a thing of the past because B&N now stocks these games year-round. My local store even has a sign declaring them as the world's largest toy and game retailer (which seems a bit of an exaggeration).

On the plus side, their occasional 30% off coupons sometimes lead to good deals on good games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:

I disagree. I think they will still clearance out selected titles. They already had their game sections in place when they clearanced The Adventurers: Chac, Don Quixote, Chcken Cha Cha Cha, Monopoly City, Magic Labyrinth and others in Fall 2011.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bimm wrote:
cheng wrote:

I disagree. I think they will still clearance out selected titles. They already had their game sections in place when they clearanced The Adventurers: Chac, Don Quixote, Chcken Cha Cha Cha, Monopoly City, Magic Labyrinth and others in Fall 2011.

I guess what I really meant is that the days of them ordering some decent games for the holidays, then discounting them in February, are pretty much over now that they stock them normally. There will still be games that they decide not to carry anymore, and some Christmas related crap each year, but not like the deals we got a few years ago. ($10 RoboRally and $10 Gulo Gulo were my two most memorable scores).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
cheng wrote:

On the plus side, their occasional 30% off coupons sometimes lead to good deals on good games.

Really occasional 30%-off coupons. No 40% or 50%-off since a week before Christmas either. I have a B&N GC burning a hole in my pocket, but I won't pay MSRP.

I miss Borders. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Weitner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are quite a few Risk Onyx and some Stratego Onyx at the downtown B&N in Rochester, MN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.