Risk Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Risk Legacy Die Roll Tie Breaker Question!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hancock
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
According to the game, the highest one can roll on the die is a six. So when rolling die for the overall winner tie breaker and adding continent plus one to the die, isn't the highest possible roll a six? Or can someone roll the six (and hypothetically) add 3 giving them a nine?....This response pretty much decides the winner for our game lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Perez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The highest unmodified roll is a six. You can modify after the fact. So, yes, you can roll a six and add 3 to get a 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not so sure. Under the Modifying Die Rolls section, Rule 1 says, "Whether you are increasing or decreasing a die roll, the roll can never be higher than 6, or lower than 1." In other words, a 6 with a +1 bonus is still a 6.

Of course, it also says just before that, "The following rules are in effect for all die modifications in combat." Which doesn't explicitly state that it doesn't apply to the die roll for the tiebreaker, but it doesn't say that it does either.

If it were me, I'd probably just have all tied players re-roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter 'Pedro' Goins
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answered in this thread by Mr. Daviau. (Die rolls for the overall winner can be modified beyond 6.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.