Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Rules

Subject: It may seem basic, but it's not to me: The Power Gauge/Loot-O-Meter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Carmical
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
The rules say...
"keeps track of how many wounds the heroes inflict in a given round."
"Advance the loot marker one space every time a hero inflicts a wound"
(these two statements contradict each other)

"Every time any model inflicts a wound, advance the Power Marker one space"

Ok. So if a hero inflicts 3 wounds, does the track advance 3 spots or just one?

I ask this because we have been doing it for every wound done and it seems that we've been going along the track REALLY fast and that we get to 16 bit in just a few turns.

I just want to make sure I'm following the rules correctly. So is it for "one point for every point of damage" or "just one point every time you do damage no matter the amount done"?

Also, does overkill count? Say I have the berserker do 5 wounds on a monster with only 1 wound. Would I advance the tacker 5 spaces or just 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, the Power Gauge advances 1 for every wound inflicted by either the consul or hero. The Loot-o-Metre advances one for every wound inflicted by a hero, but resets at the end of the round.

I have found that the mini boss tends to come out once the heroes have killed the second spawn point, or just as they are about to. We have found that the game does run quickly.

And we have not been counting overkill wounds, but I'm open to corrections.

edit: Bad grammarz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head, there is only one instance of 'keeping track of overkills' and that is for the resurrection item.
Something like you roll for each heart on the figure and remove one for a particular roll, on a one-for-one basis.
So on the killing blow to a hero who has only 1 heart left and takes Massive-Damage, they would add the extra heart to their card, and then roll for resurrection 1 dice per heart.
That was my take on the game anyway.

As for doing 5 wounds to a 1 wound Minion, unless it was a single attack that did it (which doesnt exist), the figure would be removed after the first successful attack.

Dont have my rulebook handy to nitpick wordings though. I didnt see any rule about timing of wounds taken and figure removal so I assumed it was instant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Carmical
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, figure removal was instant... I was talking about doing 5 wounds in 1 hit. Just an example to see if overkill counted on the track.

But if people haven't been counting overkill then it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the clarification, gents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, you can't do five wounds to a single model in one hit. Ever. You can cause ONE wound, no matter how many more successes you roll than your opponent. Massive damage can only ever cause TWO wounds, regardless of how many more successes you get.

The only attacks that can cause multiple wounds like that are the area effect ones, and even then each target can only sufffer one wound each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kypt Akasha
msg tools
Just to clarify. I have an AOE which deals damage to 4 enemies (one to each). The power meter and the loot meter both go up 4 times?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kreuh -
msg tools
mbmb
Kypt wrote:
Just to clarify. I have an AOE which deals damage to 4 enemies (one to each). The power meter and the loot meter both go up 4 times?

Yes, if you are the heroes.

If you were the consul, the same situation would make only the power meter to go up by 4 points.

Remember :
- The loot meter goes up 1 time for every wound delt by Heroes.
- The Power meter goes up 1 time for every wound delt by Heroes or by Minions.

Or you could also say it this way, it means the same :
- Every wound caused by Heroes makes both the loot meter and Power meter go up 1 time.
- Every wound caused by the Consul makes only the Power meter go up 1 time.

Fire never make any meter goes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
Karadek wrote:
Technically, you can't do five wounds to a single model in one hit. Ever.

Dragonlance vs. Starfire.(Sure, this may be the only current way...but it IS possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Carmical
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
So what about area effects? Someone does an explosion that wounds 4 kobolds... The power meter goes up 4, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.