Shawn Hendrix
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Join us for gaming on Friday Nights in Burbank, CA www.FridayNightDice.com
mbmbmbmbmb

Come post in protest of SOPA! and have fun.

What Games will you play (instead of being on the net today) during the SOPA/PIPA Black out .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Shawn350 wrote:

You do realize that Pres. Obama has come out and said he will veto SOPA, yes?

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition-tool/response/combating...

Frankly, I'm not sure why this is even an issue anymore.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:

Because it's only due to the fact that you happen to have a sensible president that things like that don't pass congress?

That he needs to use his veto power as a threat is a very bad sign for the rest of your government.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
haslo wrote:
Darilian wrote:

Because it's only due to the fact that you happen to have a sensible president that things like that don't pass congress?

That he needs to use his veto power as a threat is a very bad sign for the rest of your government.

Not going to touch that one.

Let me just say that I don't think that the Swiss are in a position to throw stones given the behavior of Philipp Hildebrand.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Let me just say that I don't think that the Swiss are in a position to throw stones given the behavior of Philipp Hildebrand.
Sure we are. We've got plenty of them now that we're finished digging the Gotthard Base Tunnel...

Just because it's not looking like the bill is going to pass doesn't mean one should lean back. It's a matter of showing flag.

We often have controversial voting topics over here and it sends a very different message when there's resounding, slap-in-the-face NO than when it's just a close call NO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Darilian wrote:

This guys right. If it makes it to Obama... it means the bill got through Congress, and that's scary, especially with the yahoos trying to compete against him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:

You mean the guy that was forced by the public to step down because of his probably immoral attitude? If anything, it gives us (who do not happen to be himself but the ones that were his downfall) the moral high ground

Either way, of course there are things to be improved everywhere, here in Switzerland just like anywhere else. Multiple battlegrounds and all. That doesn't make this particular fight any less worth fighting, and it doesn't lower my personal legitimation for fighting something that does affect me as a social media early adopter (my first blog started in 2004) in a very direct manner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.