Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/752336/next-vpg-game-del...

I voted Bulge 20 and The Barbarossa Campaign. More SoS titles would be welcome. We Must Tell the Emperor would be a joy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since No Retreat! The Russian Front seems to be a great succes I would like to see a GMT DeLuxe version of No Retreat 2 (and the other No Retreat titles to come). GMT really did a great job in releasing No Retreat! The Russian Front and the designer (Carl Paradis) deserves a larger audience with his great gamedesigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It appears responses are tailing off. There is no decisive winner, although State of Seige garnered the most votes.

28.3% - SoS
23.0% - No Retreat 2
20.4% - The Barbarossa Campaign
16.4% - Ancient Battles Deluxe
15.8% - Gettysburg: The Wheatfield
15.1% - Nemo's War

No Retreat 2 is an obvious follow-up to the success of No Retreat. Given the size of game, The Barbarossa Campaign would truly be elevated by the GMT treatment. Ancient Battles Deluxe is a surprise to me. But, I've heard very good things about it. Gettysburg: The Wheatfield pushes into the mix, since I originally collated the results here. Nemo's War rounds things out. Aside from NR2, which hasn't been out that long, all of these titles have been strong sellers for VPG.

Updated since initial post. Slight jostling and one new title to the mix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
HitchKennedy wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/752336/next-vpg-game-del...

I voted Bulge 20 and The Barbarossa Campaign. More SoS titles would be welcome. We Must Tell the Emperor would be a joy.

Thinking about this some more, I think The Lost Cause would be a fine candidate. Given the grand strategic scope, the map and counters and game-play would be greatly enhanced by the deluxe treatment. Also, its longer playing time, two hours, is another factor. With its topic of the American Civil War, with the right marketing push, the game could sell well.

Reviewing comments here at BGG, I note there's nary a flat-out negative comment or terrible ranking. Most other SoS titles garner some dismissive feedback. Not with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.