• [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bordhaus has some great games on sale cheap
No free shipping until $150 kills it for me. I'm still just barely used to overpurchasing enough to get to $100 free shipping, $150 is a bridge too far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Soto
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think I am going to buy from these guys again.

I placed an order over the holidays which was for like $200. They cancelled my order for Android which was part of the order and on sale for $20 and sent the rest of the order.

They then tried to sell me a dinged and dented copy of Android for $20 with $11 shipping! Should have informed me of the order change to begin with. To then try and charge me $11 for shipping when I should have had free shipping in the first place was crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prices on a lot of this stuff aren't much better than CoolStuff, which has free shipping at $100 and a neat rewards system for repeat customers. $150 for free shipping just isn't competitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had issues with cardhaus... same company, around the same time as the poster a few posts above. Stuff saying it was in stock, but not being stock and finding out days later.

They made good attempts at fixing the issues, and while I didnt get the exact thing I ordered, I would consider buying from them again if it warranted it, though I will e-mail or call before buying to ensure it's all in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Q
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Burn the land and boil the sea...
badge
You can't take the sky from me...
mbmbmbmbmb
Argghhhh... shipping kills me.

Android + Penny Arcade Card Game + Dixit 3 = $55. Woo! Great price!

Shipping = $50!!!

Gah! That's just way too much...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magus And Princess wrote:
Anyone actually been ripped off by them either by not getting refunded or by receiving games in bad shape? Or has anyone had to fight with their customer service?
I called them yesterday regarding something and the guy was really nice and chatty(in a good way). He was helping me get some stuff added to an order and even told me how much he liked a couple games. Nothing big, but it is nice. To be honest, I have dealt with MM and CSI on the phone and they have both been pretty short responses...not rude, just not really friendly. The latter, however, have great customer service over email for anything I have had go wrong(and I usually order from them...great companies). The verdict, for me, is out on Cardhaus, but I will know shortly. Based on my call though, I am confident a real human being is pulling the levers behind the website though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coates
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry about getting ripped off. I've ordered from them a few times and never had any issues worse than an item actually being out of stock instead of in stock as the website indicated.

While I do have more preferred vendors, I would certainly order from them again without trepidation. In fact, I checked out their pre-order list and sent them a large order just now. ggrrr... didn't even get through January without caving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magus And Princess wrote:
Marx09 wrote:

Shipping = $50!!!

Holy crap that is expensive! I found $150 worth of stuff which made it worth it for me...but man if shipping is that much it means its placing a $150+ order or not ordering at all! Hopefully its worth it to a few people.

Keep in mind that Marc lives in Canada. Probably wouldn't be anywhere near as much for you.

To echo what John said, I used to order from Cardhaus all the time and never had any problems. I don't very often anymore, but the only reason is because they're in Washington state (I think) and I'm in NC. That, and other sites have free shipping for $100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Duman
United States
O Fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from these guys several times and have not had a problem yet (knock on wood). It's a bummer about the $150 (and it takes forever for these items to reach MA), but I always seem to find enough items to place in the cart, which I know must be part of their evil plan devil On the good side, they have a rewards program, usually have games other folks don't have in stock, and they place several good items in clearance or on sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marx09 wrote:

Shipping = $50!!!

Conan sounded great for $20, but the shipping estimate to Canada... $50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
christopher_the_fehn wrote:
Marx09 wrote:

Shipping = $50!!!

That does seem like a lot. A quick look at the USPS site shows it should probably cost somewhere around $30 - $35, depending on the weight.

EDIT: For priority mail, paid online. For parcel post, I think they'd have to make a trip to the post office, which they might not be willing to do. You also have to factor in the time it takes to do the customs forms, but it still seems like a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
christopher_the_fehn wrote:
Marx09 wrote:

Shipping = $50!!!

I got a copy you could have for $20 - its actually up for auction right now. I know I can do better than $50 shipping too. Somewhere between $25-$35 seems accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony C
United States
lynbrook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought from this sale too, no problems here.
Arrived quick and complete.
One of the games I got was the ding & dent Conquest of Norath for $36.
It arrived in perfect condition, not a ding nor dent anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sheley
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
"You caught the Mountain Wampus!"
badge
"He gave you his treasure chest to let him go free again."
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was in the military overseas, cardhaus bar none had the best shipping prices to APO boxes. I always had great service from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.