United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, everyone -

I get questions about this a lot, so I thought I'd briefly go over what's going on with it.

I'm progressing with work on the five variant for DR. Boudicca had a very good idea about the best way to handle the inclusion of a fifth or sixth player the other day, and this helped break down a mental block I was having about how to balance the game with a fifth player. Things sort of gelled from there.

My plan at this point would be to include a five player variant along with the "Advanced Deck" that was mentioned during our Kickstarter campaign.

As I intimated before, the fifth player would likely be Sam Houston. The game would also quite likely involve a change to the initial four parties, removing the Constitutional Unionists and adding the Abolitionist Party.

This is all very provisional,but it is finally coming together, and I thought you'd be pleased to know. I don't have a release date or release information for the advanced deck and the five player variant, except that the hope would be to have them ready this year. I don't see why that won't happen, but I can't tell you -when- that would occur, precisely.We have certainly committed to the Advanced Deck - part of our Kickstarter contract with the backers - but I do not wish to speak for the publisher in this regard, and at any rate, we've got enough work just getting the core game out.

More news when I have it,

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Progress is good. Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
A kickstarter update and a seperated bgg update in the same day? You are going to spoil us Alex.

Glad to hear that things are progressing. March looks like it will be a good month if all my kickstarter projects stay on schedule. I already have people wanting to play DR when it comes in.

Brandon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Alex. I cannot wait to try Divided Republic out.cool

Also random question: do you have any idea on the dimensions of the cards? I was hoping to have the sleeves on hand when the game arrived!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SW_Cygnus wrote:
Thanks for the update Alex. I cannot wait to try Divided Republic out.:cool:

Also random question: do you have any idea on the dimensions of the cards? I was hoping to have the sleeves on hand when the game arrived!

Hi, Steven -

Unfortunately, I don't have the dimensions yet. I do have some mock up cards, but I am not one hundred percent positive that they're the same size as the originals. I'm guessing these will be "standard" size cards as found in most card driven games (so, roughly the size of playing cards, I guess?) If I hear more about the size of the cards, I'll post here.

-Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to sleeve my copy this evening. The cards are 58mm x 85mm (2 1/4 x 3 3/8 inches). Mayday Euro/FFG Euro (purple) sleeves seem to be the best choice, if a little too tall.

The Mayday little red sleeves fits the smaller deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex, please do not remove the Constitutional Unionists. I'd love a 5 player expansion, bu not at the cost of losing that party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.