2 Posts

1st & Goal» Forums » Variants

Subject: Some thoughts on Turnover, Passing and Breakaway rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Reismann
Germany
flag msg tools
As i said in my Session Report, i have thougt a little about Variants for the Situation in the Suject.

Turnover
On a Turnover i would use the optional Rule for Tunrovers but i would add the Playdice

-On a X, the ball stays, where it would end on Offense but wiht a first down for the Team, that turned the ball over.

-On a P, roll the Referee Die, but have in mind, that Offense and Defense are changed.

-On a T roll for an other Turnover (Maybe the Defensive Player is so overwhelmed that he forgot to secure the ball)

-On a Breakaway roll the Green, the Ivory and the Play Die. On your second Play Die, the X is ignored.

-Hail and Mary have no influence.

If you roll a second Breakaway it will be a Touchdown.

I suggest, to use the dices from the Basic-Game for this, because thea are more balanced and the Expansion Dices were only designed for Offense and not for Turnovers.

I checked the NFL-Regular Season Stats and hope this will get close to the average Yardgain after a Turnover (After INT ca.14 Yards) and TD Rate on Turnovers (ca 9,5%).

Passing
On Button Hook and Screen Everything stays the same.

On Plays with the 10 Yard Restriction X and T without Turnover are Incomplete Passes. (0 Yards)

On Plays with 20 Yard Restriction X, Hail and T without Tunrover are Incomplete Passes. (0 Yards)

Breakaway
On Runningplays, The Offensive Player can choose to roll one Running Dice(Red, Ivory and Brown) instead of Rerolling all Coloured Dices (Even the Black one).
I let the Player choose which one because for the Expansion Teams the brown isn't alway the one with the best Average. And the Player should have the possibility to take his best Running Dice.

On Passing Plays The Offensive Player can choose to roll one Pasing Dice (Yellow, Blue and Green).
Like for Runningplay the Selection is for the Expansion Teams. (For example the best Passing Dice for the Valiants is the Yellow one).

If you use the One dice variant leave the Black Dice.

The rules are not Completed yet and can still get some Adjustments. But i don't have the opponents to get this through a good Testing (The almost only way is to randomly draw Offense and Defense cards. But how it works for situational playing i am not able to test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Butler
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See my Solitaire Variant that takes different situations into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.