Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
As I understand the rules, when selling cars you start at the very last occupied space, sell a car (or more if there are bonus markers), move to the next space, sell a car, etc. until you've either sold every car on the track or fulfill all demand.

My question to the BGG community is this:
How do you keep track of ongoing demand? Do you run all the mass-market cars, then the middle-class then the luxury cars? Or do you do it all one at a time as per the rules? Does it even matter?

I've got one full play of the game in, plus several solo sessions where I just played through the WBC championship sessions posted elsewhere in this forum. In each of these I found it very tedious to keep track of three separate areas of demand to make sure we had the right number of cars sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
We do it one type of car at a time, and then we just count as we move the cars to the appropriate "sell" space (and count the money afterwards). There's no particularly compelling reason to try to do all three at once...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
We do it one type of car at a time, and then we just count as we move the cars to the appropriate "sell" space (and count the money afterwards). There's no particularly compelling reason to try to do all three at once...

This.. we usually do it in the order the prices are on the board. Luxury, Middle Class, Mass Market.

We also don't pay for cars sold to distributors and just leave them in the sales box until after selling to demand... then we get all our money. Since there is no need for money between these phases (executive decisions). It seems to make the game go a bit faster. (Oh and poker chips do too.)

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
cferejohn wrote:

This.. we usually do it in the order the prices are on the board. Luxury, Middle Class, Mass Market.

We also don't pay for cars sold to distributors and just leave them in the sales box until after selling to demand... then we get all our money. Since there is no need for money between these phases (executive decisions). It seems to make the game go a bit faster. (Oh and poker chips do too.)

BOb

I would think that this would make things harder to calculate and make using the executive decisions harder.

We just move all of our distributors and then sell the cars accordingly instead of moving them one at a time with the distributors. Then we move all the lower class followed by mid range followed by luxury. We take any loss cubes necessary, and then just add up a total return for each person's cars sitting in the boxes. This takes no time because its usually 100s 150s and 200s. (This is about exactly what the first response said, so in short I agree with him!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gentlegiantglass wrote:

I would think that this would make things harder to calculate and make using the executive decisions harder.

How so? How does having the money from distributor sales in your hand when you make your exec decisions help?

gentlegiantglass wrote:

We just move all of our distributors and then sell the cars accordingly instead of moving them one at a time with the distributors.

This I would see as harder. I want to see how many are left at each factory as I decide what level car to have a distributor sell. We do one at a time during sell to distributors.

gentlegiantglass wrote:

Then we move all the lower class followed by mid range followed by luxury. We take any loss cubes necessary, and then just add up a total return for each person's cars sitting in the boxes. This takes no time because its usually 100s 150s and 200s. (This is about exactly what the first response said, so in short I agree with him!)

Sure, that's what we do as well, just in the other order. Each price range individuality is easier to deal with.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
gentlegiantglass wrote:

How so? How does having the money from distributor sales in your hand when you make your exec decisions help?

gentlegiantglass wrote:

We just move all of our distributors and then sell the cars accordingly instead of moving them one at a time with the distributors.

This I would see as harder. I want to see how many are left at each factory as I decide what level car to have a distributor sell. We do one at a time during sell to distributors.

gentlegiantglass wrote:

Then we move all the lower class followed by mid range followed by luxury. We take any loss cubes necessary, and then just add up a total return for each person's cars sitting in the boxes. This takes no time because its usually 100s 150s and 200s. (This is about exactly what the first response said, so in short I agree with him!)

Sure, that's what we do as well, just in the other order. Each price range individuality is easier to deal with.

BOb

Ah, my mistake, I thought you weren't moving them or taking money. You're just moving them and then taking money two steps afterwards. That works too. The reason we move all the distributors first is for two reasons:
1. I have tried repeatedly to remind people TO move them, but they forget or it slogs the system, so we just did away with it.
2. The math to calculate how many cars are left minus distributors isn't tough especially after playing 20+ games. Our group is pretty much on autopilot when playing this game now, and it only takes about an hour.

I apologize though, I was just confused by your wording. (I thought "them" referred to the distributors, and "sales boxes" referred to their little boxes next to them.)

Oh, and why use poker chips when you have these: (SHAMELESS flaunt of my goober)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gentlegiantglass wrote:

Oh, and why use poker chips when you have these: (SHAMELESS flaunt of my goober)

Well, I don't have those. soblue

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mason
msg tools
Cardshark1029 wrote:

I've got one full play of the game in, plus several solo sessions where I just played through the WBC championship sessions posted elsewhere in this forum.

What is the WBC championship session?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
qusserel qusserel
msg tools
Hi guys, a little offtop... I decided to buy a new car, and most likely it will be a Mahindra NuvoSporthttps://autoportal.com/newcars/mahindra/nuvosport/. As for me, the car is good, but I'm pretty bad at them. Maybe who has the same or just Ford? Share your experience. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qusserel wrote:
Friends, I want to buy a comfortable car for joint family trips to other regions. Our car for this has ceased to be comfortable after the birth of the second baby. What option can you advise? Where better to make a purchase?

I think you're in the wrong forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.