Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Huw Morris
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm pretty sure Oxcon is this weekend, but I've been totally unable to find any information about it. It's like the organisers are trying to keep it a secret!

Is it Puerto Rico on Saturday and Settlers on Sunday? What time does it start? I haven't been for a few years due to it clashing with Magic pre-release events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
salmacis wrote:
I'm pretty sure Oxcon is this weekend, but I've been totally unable to find any information about it. It's like the organisers are trying to keep it a secret!

Is it Puerto Rico on Saturday and Settlers on Sunday? What time does it start? I haven't been for a few years due to it clashing with Magic pre-release events.
Welcome to the sublime and ethereal mystery that is OxCon. As you can see from previous threads- in fact, there's usually one each year with the same plaintive opening- you're not the first and almost certainly won't be the last to ask this age-old question.

From last year...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/587164/any-news-on-oxcon-201...?

From 2010...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/482716/is-oxcon-2010-happeni...

In fact it is definitely this weekend. I'm looking at my Queen's Lane Advertiser here and it's listed as 21st/22nd Jan, with various tournaments taking place over the weekend and, ah, never seen that before, a pre-OxCon meal on the Friday. Hm, interesting. Uh, sorry, yes, so it's this weekend, in the Mitre Inn in the High Street. Opening hours 10 till pub closing on the Saturday, and 10 till around 6pm on the Sunday.

I probably won't be gracing it with my illustrious presence this year but y'all have fun now, y'hear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malefact
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I emailed the organiser to double-check that the times in the Queens Lane Advertiser were correct, and yup, it seems that they are.

This will be my first year turning up. I'm quite excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefact wrote:
I emailed the organiser to double-check that the times in the Queens Lane Advertiser were correct, and yup, it seems that they are.

This will be my first year turning up. I'm quite excited.
You'll have a great time. It's not enormous- about 50-odd attendess on average- but nice and cosy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to tag along too of that's OK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
idlemichael wrote:
I'm going to tag along too if that's OK

Oh, I think we might allow that. Don't tell anyone else though, after all we don't want any old riff raff turning up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
BigCat97 wrote:
idlemichael wrote:
I'm going to tag along too if that's OK

Oh, I think we might allow that. Don't tell anyone else though, after all we don't want any old riff raff turning up

On behalf of the riff-raff element, I can confirm that I will not be attending.

Instead I am going to grace Epsom Games Club with my presence at their monthly games day on the Saturday. Well behaved riff-raff is a feature of the event! )

P.S. Not wanting to detract from OxCon, but details of Epsom (Surrey) games day can be found here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8180578.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.