Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Steam» Forums » General

Subject: Enough track tiles, cubes, etc to play... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
all the expansions? we just started playing last week, and our group of 4 loved the basic steam...so, i now have 2 editions of VT/NH, SC/GA, and Al/LA (with map expansion #1 arriving today)...some of these say they will expand play anywhere from 5-8 players...but none of the exp i rec'd so far have any track/cubes/etc...am i going to need more? (maybe buy a 2nd game just for the pcs?)...thanks...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, the only way to get ten sets of player pieces from us as a package is Martin Wallace's Totally Renamed Train Game (which is simply Steam with a different cover, but was part of the first run of games with additional wood). Otherwise easy options are to get a set of 24 disks in a new color from a bits supplier, or buy a Steam Locomotive Set (or Steam Barons) and a set of blank locos from us.

Good luck and I hope you're enjoying the game!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alex...thanks for the quick response...i have steam barons (haven't even opened it yet)...will that take care of everything i need? (not sure what the "steam locomotive set" is)...i'll check out the "blank locos" link you sent me...we loved the game; might even get another play in tonight...

i'd been told also that if i got two (2) NH/VT expansions i could combine the maps for a much larger game...but would think that also would require many more track tiles/cubes/etc (unless there's enough in my barons game to cover it?)...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent you a private reply, but to reply here: Steam Barons (along with two new maps and a new way to play) contains what amounts to the Steam locomotive set, which swaps out 6 sets of player pieces (all the player disks from base Steam) with locomotive pieces in the same colors. You can then additionally obtain a blank wood set (24 unpainted player loco in a baggie) for each player beyond six. So, Steam + (Steam Barons pieces OR Steam Loco Set) + one blank loco set, painted in a color of your choice, would let you play the 7-player double-board game in Steam Expansion #1, 2 blank sets would let you play 8 players, etc.

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
John_VW wrote:
i'd been told also that if i got two (2) NH/VT expansions i could combine the maps for a much larger game...but would think that also would require many more track tiles/cubes/etc (unless there's enough in my barons game to cover it?)...

I guess that by NH/VT you refer to the AoS/Steam expansions made by Ted Alspach, right? Note that they aren't official, they are third party.

I doubt you will have any problem with tile or cube shortages, there's more than enough to go around.

I wouldn't play with so many players, tough.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
Right now, the only way to get ten sets of player pieces from us as a package is Martin Wallace's Totally Renamed Train Game (which is simply Steam with a different cover, but was part of the first run of games with additional wood). Otherwise easy options are to get a set of 24 disks in a new color from a bits supplier,


Is there a bits supplier that carries disks the same size as the ones in Steam?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilby wrote:
AlexYeager wrote:
Right now, the only way to get ten sets of player pieces from us as a package is Martin Wallace's Totally Renamed Train Game (which is simply Steam with a different cover, but was part of the first run of games with additional wood). Otherwise easy options are to get a set of 24 disks in a new color from a bits supplier,


Is there a bits supplier that carries disks the same size as the ones in Steam?
thanks for the info...turns out, the steam barons expansion i already have replaces the discs with wood trains, and gives you enough for 6 people, so hopefully i'll be all set...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.