John Raab
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
So the unlikely scenario is that both players accidentally surround their cloister with other buildings, making it impossible to build the final few cloister buildings.

Given that 2 player games do not end until there are 3 buildings remaining (or 1 building, I forget for the standard 2p), it seems the game would be impossible to finish as the final cloister buildings could not be purchased.

I have read suggestions that 2 player is better with a house rule that makes the game end after a set number of rounds, but I am hesistant to use that house rule until I've played the game standard a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the rules say that the 2p game ends when 1 building is left (or 3 in the longer game) or if buildings can no longer be built.

So if you block yourself off and can't build anymore, then the game would be over and points tallied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raab
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Mools wrote:
I'm pretty sure the rules say that the 2p game ends when 1 building is left (or 3 in the longer game) or if buildings can no longer be built.

So if you block yourself off and can't build anymore, then the game would be over and points tallied.

Well that certainly makes sense, thanks. I didn't see it as being an issue, was just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:

In fact, the rules do not say that as this has never happened during playtesting and a situation like this, thus, never has occured to us. However, what you say, makes perfect sense and is official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raab
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ponton wrote:
Mools wrote:

In fact, the rules do not say that as this has never happened during playtesting and a situation like this, thus, never has occured to us. However, what you say, makes perfect sense and is official.

Glad I could help! I think of these kind of things often, I'd love to help playtest future Uwe Rosenberg games. I have played over 500 games of Agricola/FoTM combined with a rabid group of Agricola fans here in Indianapolis. Is there someone I could contact to discuss that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was mentioned before - both players need to be blocked to end the game sooner. Not only 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you would have built all the extra regions for this to happen ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Why that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.