Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Emery
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey ya,

I'm gonna order some of these new minis for ACTA. I'd also like to be able to use them with SFB on the Module W map. Can anyone recommend some hex-shaped flight bases that'll fit those hexes? My understanding is that the Starline 2500 minis come with round bases.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Adan
United States
Erving
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this: http://corseceng.com/blog/2011/7/15/new-product-omni-stand-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Emery
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Huh. Yeah, that'd probably do it... Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering why it was decided to use round bases instead of hexes. I'm not sure how ACTA works but it seems like it would be difficult to check directions since a circle gives a lot of room for adusting firing arcs, shields, etc. Or are the bases marked?

Can anyone who's playtested ACTA respond? The hexes just seem to make more sense especially for Federation Commander and Star Fleet Battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Maynard
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
I was just wondering why it was decided to use round bases instead of hexes. I'm not sure how ACTA works but it seems like it would be difficult to check directions since a circle gives a lot of room for adusting firing arcs, shields, etc. Or are the bases marked?

Can anyone who's playtested ACTA respond? The hexes just seem to make more sense especially for Federation Commander and Star Fleet Battles.

ACTA (in all its versions) is a miniatures game played on any large flat surface, without use of a hex map or board of any sort. All distances are measured with tape measures and angles are based on 90 degress not sixty. All of Mongoose's models have been based on clear round bases and the Star Fleet version is the same. So firing arcs are now at right angles rather than hex angles so a hex base would be little use. There has however been some discussion by a few players on converting values to a hex system. HEX BASED SYSTEM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.