Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leandro Ronderos
Spain
GIJON
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules state: "Each player gets three pollution per city in his zone of control" it is something ambiguous for me with the next sentece: "Each city generates three pollution".

So question is:

If I own 3 cities. 2 cities of player 1 are in my ZOC, and 1 city of player 2 is in my ZOC: How many pollution do I generate?

9 because of my 3 cities or 9+6+3=18 because of "3 per city in zoc"

Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You own 3 cities, you place 9 chits of pollution.

And you place the chits in their ZOC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the reason for your confusion! Let me add a comma to the rules to clear it up for you:

"Each player gets three pollution per city, in his zone of control. Each city generates three pollution...."

If you read the entire Pollution section of the rulebook (particularly the "Fountains and Dump" subsection) it's clear that you get 3 pollution for each of your own cities. "in his zone of control" just means that's where you have to place the pollution. The "Each player gets three pollution..." sentence is the summary heading of a subsection that more thoroughly explains the rule, not a separate rule from the detailed rules in that subsection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man the dump !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckdunn wrote:
Man the dump !!!

nope put inns in your neighbors ZOC and pollute THEIR lands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.