Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Chance
United States
Madison
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know if you do and what you want for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I do and will sell it for $100.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I always felt this was the toughest set to find in the original series. It came out just before SPI folded, and did not have the distribution that the others had.

I missed it on the shelf on the original release, the company folded, and it never came back. In my experience, $100 is about right/pretty reasonable.

While I am not a huge fan of the Jackson game, Corinth is a GREAT game in the series. It has so many units, it feels more like TSS / Bloody April - meaning more like a BIG game. As fun as they are, Pea Ridge and Cedar Mountain do NOT have that 'BIG' feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Chance
United States
Madison
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a bit more than I wanted to pay. I really just want to play the game because I am interested in the battle, I could care less about it's collect-ability.

Last copy that went through eBay was never opened/new and sold for $56
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Laubach
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shakespear wrote:
Its a bit more than I wanted to pay. I really just want to play the game because I am interested in the battle, I could care less about it's collect-ability.

That was quite a deal for the buyer. If you can wait, every couple of months or so a punched copy will show up on ebay. They sell for about $50. Otherwise, Noble Knight has two copies for sale (both punched?) that are priced at $110.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shakespear wrote:

Thats false, not true, never happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Chance
United States
Madison
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomas7163 wrote:
shakespear wrote:

Thats false, not true, never happen.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

11 days ago...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected.

I never mind being corrected, It separates me from idiots that do not admit when thier wrong(Politicians).

That was a one in a million shot.

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My collection of this series of games, including Corinth, will probably go on the market in a few months, or perhaps next year. Don't have much time to deal with that right now.

Corinth is indeed a great game. It's my favorite of the whole series, and I enjoyed playing it more than any of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Saw an interesting sale on eBay this week - someone was selling 'a complete set' - TSS1, Bloody April, Stonewall, Pea Ridge, Drive on Washington, Wilson's Creek, Cedar Mountain, Jackson at the Crossroads, and Battle of Corinth altogether.

Asking price? $449.

The hook? ALL were UNPUNCHED, and the pictures looked like they were all mint or near mint.

Truthfully, I doublt he got an offer, but it was a fair price at the market value of these unpunched.

But Arkansas can speak better to this than I - he has tracked prices on these games across the years on eBay and other places.

But it WAS nice to see them together in the picture!

---Russ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Luckily, more and more of these are showing up so the price is down. The early years you either could NOT find Corinth/Jackson, and if you did, it was ALWAYS over $100, just due to rariety. It's release was in close proximity to the demise of SPI. Plus I am sure the resession of '80 - '81 likely killed more than a few wholesalers, so how good was the distribution at the time?

I finally got a play copy many years back, and was happy to get it at less than $100 - and when I got it, 'play' was the operative word. The charts had been 'trimed' off the map, and other 'helpful' tricks.

So the second copy was necessary. And that did cost me $100.

There is also the 'value' aspect. Are these games worth what we pay?

No one likes to pay more than necessary, but I will admit, when I think the original was $25, I think it seems like a lot, but I divide the hours spent playing, even at $100 it comes down to cents per hour....

Sorry - digressing. But nice to have so many GBACW people in one place at the same time! And nice to see old friends again. (He said, watching it snow and looking at his ticket for Buffalo. And remembering the last time the Giants were in contention he was snowed in without power in upstate New York...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Chance
United States
Madison
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the economy too. People out of work are selling, moneys tight so people arent buying or paying what things were worth.

I'm just interested in the battle itself, as I am in the middle of a documentary on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ G. wrote:
Saw an interesting sale on eBay this week - someone was selling 'a complete set' - TSS1, Bloody April, Stonewall, Pea Ridge, Drive on Washington, Wilson's Creek, Cedar Mountain, Jackson at the Crossroads, and Battle of Corinth altogether.

I have a collection larger than that which will be sold later this summer by Phil McQueen, probably via Consimworld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strasser
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Warren Did your game sale ever take place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.