Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quick question:

When you take the Sheriff or Mayor role, do you control it until another player takes that role (or until you lose it or give it up due to Events, etc)? It's not a one-and-done effect that lasts just through the Collection Phase, right? I do so love to roll that awesome silver deputy die as the Mayor...

I'm pretty sure the rule is that you control the role until someone takes it, but I don't see that written in the rules and I wanted to clarify!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
Here's a quick question:

When you take the Sheriff or Mayor role, do you control it until another player takes that role (or until you lose it or give it up due to Events, etc)? It's not a one-and-done effect that lasts just through the Collection Phase, right? I do so love to roll that awesome silver deputy die as the Mayor...

I'm pretty sure the rule is that you control the role until someone takes it, but I don't see that written in the rules and I wanted to clarify!

Thanks!

Yes, you are correct. Players will control a Special Role until it is taken away from them by another player, either taking the action or say the "Winds of Change" event card. The Outlaw also has a special condition to when the player loses the role but that is covered on the back of the expansion card.

The Mayor and Sheriff Special Role descriptions could have used a little more information in the rule book. The other errata on the Special Roles is posted in this update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/knightworks/dark-horse/p...

Thank you for bringing that up. Every little bit of clarification I can get into the updated versions of the rule book the better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you did a commendable job of putting the information together, but for newbies to the game (or those who go a while between sessions), I wonder if the following change would be beneficial:

On the square reference cards, list the Sheriff and Mayor abilities on the bottom half of the one side rather than the Game Token actions. After all, the token descriptions are written on the back of the tokens themselves (a very clever, highly useful decision, in my opinion).

Just an idea, but it might make for less rule-hunting later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
I think you did a commendable job of putting the information together, but for newbies to the game (or those who go a while between sessions), I wonder if the following change would be beneficial:

On the square reference cards, list the Sheriff and Mayor abilities on the bottom half of the one side rather than the Game Token actions. After all, the token descriptions are written on the back of the tokens themselves (a very clever, highly useful decision, in my opinion).

Just an idea, but it might make for less rule-hunting later.

That is a good idea. I will make a note to look at that if we get a chance to do re-prints on the reference cards. The only problem may be the fact that the Sheriff role may take a lot of space to define. The Mayor is fairly straight forward but the Sheriff has a lot of verbiage to it. I will see what kind of room I have. Thank you for bringing it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lofgren
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the same player allowed to have both the Sheriff and Mayor Roles at the same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gondolier wrote:
Is the same player allowed to have both the Sheriff and Mayor Roles at the same time?

Players can only have one Special Role at a time. For example, if a player has the Sheriff role and then claims Mayor they will lose the Sheriff role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.