Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious about the victory conditions for the 4 player 2v2 Blood Brothers scenario.

Is a victory when 1 team destroys 1 home world of the other team.. or when they destroy both?

You'll probably say, it's your game do it as you want... but how have people done it?

Also, how does this affect the colony (victory) point win if you use that variant? Would you adjust it to 6 VPs to win since there are two players on each side?

Also, even with blood brothers... is all eco stuff kept secret, even from your teammate?

I'm sure either combination could work, but I'm curious how people have played it and what has worked best?

Thanks,
BOb

(sorry if this shouldn't be in rules but general. Feel free to move it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Destroy one home world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and do you feel the game is better if the partners are diagonal or on the same side of the board. What about if you play same side of the board but still sit diagonal so it's not 2 team A turns then 2 team B turns?

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
Oh and do you feel the game is better if the partners are diagonal or on the same side of the board. What about if you play same side of the board but still sit diagonal so it's not 2 team A turns then 2 team B turns?

BOb

Hmm, not sure what turn order has to do with seating order. Turn order goes by turn order bid, not seating order. At game start, I would stagger the play order, Team A, Team B, Team A, Team B.

I would play with allies being side by side, otherwise, everyone is going to turtle pretty heavily and whoever controls the center of the board will have huge advantage. Some people may like that however...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:

Hmm, not sure what turn order has to do with seating order. Turn order goes by turn order bid, not seating order. At game start, I would stagger the play order, Team A, Team B, Team A, Team B.

I would play with allies being side by side, otherwise, everyone is going to turtle pretty heavily and whoever controls the center of the board will have huge advantage. Some people may like that however...

Ah ok.. I thought you still played as if there were 4 separate players but two of them were working together. It sounds like you play team 1 moves, then team 2 moves. But, how do you handle start player bid in this scenario since you can't share CPs which I assume means you can't share tech/etc.

BOb

EDIT: Changed my "can"s to "can't"s. That's what I get for not proof reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
casualgod wrote:

Ah ok.. I thought you still played as if there were 4 separate players but two of them were working together. It sounds like you play team 1 moves, then team 2 moves. But, how do you handle start player bid in this scenario since you can share CPs which I assume means you can share tech/etc.

BOb

Hmm, perhaps I should read up on this particular scenario before I provide any more advice? modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
casualgod wrote:
Hmm, not sure what turn order has to do with seating order. Turn order goes by turn order bid, not seating order.
Unless I totally misinterpret RAW, the winning bidder only picks the starting player for the next 3 turns, and play proceeds clockwise from this player?

Sorry for reviving this thread from way back when, probably is rule changed in between.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.