12 Posts

WarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Thomas
England
flag msg tools
I know the game is for 2/4 players but has any one played the game solo and is there any rules for playing it solo.
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterthomas wrote:
I know the game is for 2/4 players but has any one played the game solo and is there any rules for playing it solo.
Peter

There are currently no rules for a solitaire game. However, your best bet would be using the creep creatures contained in the game expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would play fine solo. Play one side and keep track of how many turns it takes to beat the end boss. Try to beat that next time you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
RogMcK wrote:
I think it would play fine solo. Play one side and keep track of how many turns it takes to beat the end boss. Try to beat that next time you play.

Wrong game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:

What end boss? :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Axel wrote:
RogMcK wrote:

What end boss? :S

I'm guessing he means World of Warcraft: The Boardgame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thomas
England
flag msg tools
Thanks for reply very interested in Creep.
Use normal rules for my turn (move, build & harvest) and use creeps on 1 and 2 VP points play to number of VP or kill all creeps on board.
Also what size board normal 2 or 4 player board ?
Any help most appreciated.
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterthomas wrote:
Thanks for reply very interested in Creep.
Use normal rules for my turn (move, build & harvest) and use creeps on 1 and 2 VP points play to number of VP or kill all creeps on board.
Also what size board normal 2 or 4 player board ?
Any help most appreciated.
Peter

I was thinking on how you could set it up and I had a cool idea. If you have the expansion (you should if you are going to use creeps) you could use the 4 player scenario and place a Hero of the appropriate color in each of the other players towns. These Hero would start upgraded to their highest level and they won't move. They will stay in their respective towns.

All other 1VP and 2VP locations in the board would contain a corresponding creep.

To win the game you would need to beat ALL the opposing heroes (you roll for them and use their special powers at will) and also gather a certain amount of VPs.

Does it sound good enough for a solo game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thomas
England
flag msg tools
Thanks for reply some good ideas to think about.
Any body else with some ideas for solo play
Thanks again Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. My apologies.

I was indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sfan Tastic
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Hi, i thought about a Solo variant too and now i got the Idea. Tomorrow i will Upload photos and the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sfan Tastic
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Sfan wrote:
Hi, i thought about a Solo variant too and now i got the Idea. Tomorrow i will Upload photos and the rules.

The solo rules are in the Variants Forum now.

Tranks and greetings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.