United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Games is pleased to announce we will be launching at least one small shipment of WeyKick to the USA this year if our Kickstarter Project goes well.

This game is amazingly fun and Tom Vasel has reviewed it on our Kickstarter project at:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/weykick-dext...

We are very excited to have the Mayday Brand WeyKick being offered on Kickstarter and we hope you will take advantage of what may very well be a one-time offer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
I applaud the effort, I want to see WeyKick here. However, unless you add Weykick on Ice, and ideally in the larger size, I am completely uninterested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, we just can't get those out all at once here in the USA. WeyKick has outsold the larger one and the Weykick on Ice by way more than 3 to 1 and those just are not viable products at the price points we would need to have them at right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hristo Filipov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a great deal, considering that I am from Europe and have to pay around $230 (the game + shipping) and you in the US get it for $150. I don't know how is this happening, but it seems that even heavy European games like this are cheaper in the US then in Europe

For $150 I would defenitely buy it, but $230 is too much cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
VAT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Emen
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Sorry, we just can't get those out all at once here in the USA. WeyKick has outsold the larger one and the Weykick on Ice by way more than 3 to 1 and those just are not viable products at the price points we would need to have them at right now.

What about adding a level that includes hockey pawns and pucks?

I understand the surfaces are largely interchangeable (if you can stand "playing" hockey on a football pitch...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

How, specifically, do you know that? What marketing information do you have on potential USA based customers of Weykick on Ice, vs. Weykick? What are the figures? Is it just that you sell 3x more soccer vs. hockey? Ignore the lagre/small thing for now, just Ice vs. Soccer. I bet you would have many more people up for Ice.

Also you are offering up Crockinole for $100 over the base option plus double shipping ($40 vs. $20), I think that you are doing it because it is a total money maker for you, but there are tons of other ways for people to get Crokinole here (not to mention lots more in Canada), but none to get Weykick Ice. Its totally a non-exclusive product.

Why don't you start a thread asking who wants Weykick Ice here? Most people I know, totally don't want the soccer, and got bored with it pretty easily when they played it. Ice Hockey is a different matter with the puck not just rolling around like the soccer ball. I can see how the big version could be a shipping issue. However it can't be that much more in shipping to add the ice hockey small version as an option, how about that. Put what price point you want on it, its Kickstarter for God's sake. Or add just buying the hockey players and pucks as an option and let people play on the soccer court. That can not be that hard to do, nor cost very much in shipping price or size.

Of course if you don't want to sell Weykick on Ice, not offering it is a great way to accomplish that goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayemen wrote:
maydaygames wrote:

What about adding a level that includes hockey pawns and pucks?

I understand the surfaces are largely interchangeable (if you can stand "playing" hockey on a football pitch...).

I bet you have a much bigger market for Weykick on Ice than you realize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have ice too. I signed up for the soccer though, but if he added ice I would change it.

I might actually drop my support for soccer later before the deadline anyway regardless, but since it's a limited reward I went ahead and signed up.

I've considered importing ice myself before, but haven't pulled the trigger in the past because it costs so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Emen
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's fantastic that Mayday is doing this -- and I wish them much luck (certainly don't want them to be discouraged from trying things like this in the future!) -- but I too would be all in for "Weykick on Ice" and have little interest in the football board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play WeyKick On Ice (and WeyKick Tennis) on a regular soccer WeyKick board, you just need the hockey figures, puck, and carrom powder (or Tennis set), which you used to be able to order separately (and may still, but I haven't checked recently, and it would probably cost a lot less to ship overseas).

Edit: Yep, you still can: http://weykick.de/bestellen/weykickorderform.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your voices have been heard. We are looking at getting the Hockey players, puck and powder added to this Kickstarter, just waiting on availability/pricing from the factory to see if this is possible. We will update the Kickstarter and post here if it happens.. should be in the next couple of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I want this...the small size
awh, I live in Japan (the land of shoebox apartments)...crycry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the above. I am not interested in playing hockey on the soccer board. I would import the hockey board if that were the case.

I think I'm going to drop my backing for this game. The more and more I think about it. I'd be paying for something I don't want, I don't care if it is priced alright.

I want the hockey board and players. Let me know if you get to those sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you talking about? I don't see it.

The tiny lip at the end? The raised slope for the 1/3 of the end?

See this picture.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/388245/weykick-on-ice?siz...

Josephus wrote:
jayemen wrote:

The key physical difference is that on the hockey table the area around the goal is slightly raised. The reason for this is that the addition of adding a hockey stick means that the goal could be completly blocked. The raised zone is a no go zone for the defender player and the change in elevation acts as a constant reminder.

At the end of the day its not a big difference, but neither is the difference between the way football and hockey plays. Whilst players from either game are interchangeable the game is better when played whith matching board and players.

The cost for the additional bits is expensive when you consider the game play is slightly worse than what you already have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

Again, I want to know how you know that. With Kickstarter, unless you are paying for just one design to be cut, but the above comment does not suggest it. It sounds like you think it would just cost too much to sell it and no one would want the big hockey table. Just put up a price on it. Hell if you make it affordable for me, I'll do more advertising for you than you can imagine. I've even offered this to the Weykick team, but it seems like everyone is bound and determined not to sell the large hockey tables. I can't understand it, not one bit.

I would sure to a better video for you than the paid one Vassel did for you. I bet I could sell 30 units for you with how I would promote it. Bet me, offer me a free large ice hockey Weykick and I'll sell the units for you. The problem with the game is not the price point or desire for it, its the availability, foreign shipping, and lack of knowing it exists.

The advertising price (business expense/tax write off) of one unit, for the advertising I would do, totally worth triple the price point. Why not harness the mind power of someone with two doctoral degrees, for pocket change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

But isn't that just European sales where soccer is probably held in higher regard than ice hockey, while here in North America (well, at least the Northern two-thirds of it ) the reverse is more likely true?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Kowalski

Salisbury
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fully support this, and hope it leads to more imports of a similar nature...WeyKick On Ice and/or larger editions, Hamertjesspel, Paleo...all instant buys. Not enough wood bits flying around these days.

Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HUZZAH!

I am in for 1. I'd also love to be notified in the event that Weykick on Ice is imported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Emen
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LankyEngineer wrote:
HUZZAH!

I am in for 1. I'd also love to be notified in the event that Weykick on Ice is imported.

I've read enough dexterity games GeekLists and forum posts to know you'd show up here sooner or later... Congrats! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
I bet you have a much bigger market for Weykick on Ice than you realize.

Well we have negotiated this and are happy to have added the Hockey Player option as a reward on the Kickstarter. We were only able to get a few of them though.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/weykick-dext...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a thread about using the Hockey figures on the soccer board, is isn't IS a problem according to Geo:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/593278/use-of-board-for-...

Edited: Edited to correct this... it IS a problem apparently if you use the powder on the soccer boards. Perhaps a wax is better than the powder that is included. We will check with the manufacturer and clarify this! Thanks everyone for the correction!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
Thank you very much for getting the hockey players for the boards, this is truly a large step forward in getting the Weykick ice tables into the USA!!!

We have already had 8 people pledge or change their pledges to this, so you were right, there is a lot of demand for the hockey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Here is a thread about using the Hockey figures on the soccer board, is isn't a problem according to Geo:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/593278/use-of-board-for-...

No problem at all. Feel free to ask any questions you want regarding the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.