Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The paint is really poor. Even Itami, who should look awesome, is really blotchy and poorly done. Strangely, the stock picture on the cover looks great.

Mizu looks alright, though her legs are at a really weird angle.

Iroh, though, takes the cake. His entire face, especially his beady eyes, look like he opened the ark of the covenant. Even his stock photo looks bad. Beyond that, the sword looks way too bulky and, overall, he's just bland.

Am I alone in this opinion?

Also, I haven't had a chance to look at the trooper pack, but I'm hesitant to purchase after seeing these other minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quality of Tannhauser mini's paint is extreamly variable, my Itami looks really good, but my Mizu is crap, and Iroh and the troopers are just Ok.

As for the sculpts themselves, some characters are great and others not so much, I think Itami and Zor'ka have great sculpts, but Mizu and Natalya are truly bad.

But I don't mind for the most part, because they only cost me $10 each, if they were as high a quality as the DUST Tactics deluxe, I'd expect to pay $20 when factoring in the cards, tokens, etc.

So your not alone in having complaints about figure quality, but your coplaints may not be the same as everyones because everything varies so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't like my Natalya figure much. The worse part is all my tokens and booklet smell like mold. It it was like that right out of the box, I can't even read the booklet it stinks so much. I haven't checked it in a while but I know last time I did I had hoped it would have aired out but that wasn't the case. Still stunk!!

The paint is pretty basic on the mini's but i'm sure you can easily improve it if you're a mini painter. The character sometimes hold the wrong pose and are hard to straighten or keep their pose once straightened with a variety of tricks.

But overall i'm happy with most of my minis and never gave it too much concerned beside my Natalya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Itami generally is a big disappointment. Think I'll be using a DDM Oni Night Haunter instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.