Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristian Pesti
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I'm new here and new to playing "real" boardgames. I have two different groups I like to play games with, but the other one likes to play only one game and the other group is hard to assemble together.

So, I was thinking of easy ways to get more people interested and Facebook naturally game into the picture. The easiest and most efficient way would be the ability to tag the group and the game after each session. So, is there a working Facebook - BGG - tagging tool, that would give me the ability to post a game name and picture (with link to BGG's site for the game) and tag my friends who I gamed with to the same post?

Thanks alot,
K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome

Facebook, not cool enough for us! Check out this instead:

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/category/group/Finland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Pesti
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, indeed. I stumbled there before I had registered and forgot all about that part of the site.

As a student I feel I don't have enough time for studying + life. This is why I wanted to get my old friends dragged into the wonderful world of "real" board games so I could kill two birds at the same time, spend time with my friends and enjoy sum delicious games. So pff! Bury your coolness and introduce gaming to the mainstream!

On the other hand, new friends have never hurt anyone so I might have to check some of those out. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diffler wrote:
The easiest and most efficient way would be the ability to tag the group and the game after each session. So, is there a working Facebook - BGG - tagging tool, that would give me the ability to post a game name and picture (with link to BGG's site for the game) and tag my friends who I gamed with to the same post?

Until last November, I used to import plays via RSS into Facebook notes. That was unreliable--postings might take days to show up. But it had everything you've asked for: game name, picture, link, and player names (not their Facebook names, of course, but their BGG names or whatever alias string they authorized me to use.

But Facebook disallowed importing RSS into Notes, so now I feed from BGG to Facebook via twitterfeed.com. I use the same feed as before: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/bydate/user/ddubin?imgs=1...

Unfortunately, twitterfeed doesn't post the picture, but the update is much faster and more reliable than Notes ever was. I'd be happy to hear of other ways that have worked for BGG users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Welcome

Facebook, not cool enough for us! Check out this instead:

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/category/group/Finland

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Pesti
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, that'd be okay, but I'm not a big Twitter fan. I might still give it a shot. But pff, I want to tag the Facebook friends! But that would probably require BGG and Facebook working together, which won't probably happen. (Like Spotify & Facebook integration)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.