Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually just toss a game's insert and baggie up the components, but given the amount of cardboard that comes with Android I'm leaning towards using a Plano box for shared components. (I'll likely still bag the individual character components.)

What's the best model number to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
PM as a reminder when I get home. I went the Plano route on this one and had a perfect box if I recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin Ralya wrote:
I usually just toss a game's insert and baggie up the components, but given the amount of cardboard that comes with Android I'm leaning towards using a Plano box for shared components. (I'll likely still bag the individual character components.)

What's the best model number to get?

I was just going to grab my copy of Android anyway (I have to add the Event cards from the books, which I just received in the mail). Looks like the one I use is 2-3650. Here is one with the sticker still on (obviously not Android pieces inside, though).

And this is how I store Android:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
PM as a reminder when I get home. I went the Plano route on this one and had a perfect box if I recall.

GM sent!

Khedron wrote:
I was just going to grab my copy of Android anyway (I have to add the Event cards from the books, which I just received in the mail). Looks like the one I use is 2-3650.

Thanks for the box recommendation. I actually may have one of these sitting around; I'll have to go check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/566934/android?size=origi...

This is how I do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevej wrote:

What Plano box is in that picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I used the 3650. It has an extra large compartment on the right hand side that allowed me to store the ship markers and the smaller hints sheet.

I used my tuck boxes for the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I used the 3650. It has an extra large compartment on the right hand side that allowed me to store the ship markers and the smaller hints sheet.

Thanks! That's two votes for the 3650, so I'll definitely be checking that one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin Ralya wrote:
Sevej wrote:

What Plano box is in that picture?

Sorry can't be of any help since it's probably cheap chinese knockoff sold here in Indonesia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin Ralya wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Thanks! That's two votes for the 3650, so I'll definitely be checking that one out.

3650 here as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:

Just got the game and a 2-3650 for it, and set it up using this nice guide. Removing the box insert and putting the ship and 1st player markers in one zip bag, plus each character's tokens in seperate bags means you can store everything in the game box perfectly, and probably better with sleeved cards. My only gripe is the 2-3650 came with badly warped dividers. Is there a way to reshape them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
funbelievable wrote:
Khedron wrote:

Just got the game and a 2-3650 for it, and set it up using this nice guide. Removing the box insert and putting the ship and 1st player markers in one zip bag, plus each character's tokens in seperate bags means you can store everything in the game box perfectly, and probably better with sleeved cards. My only gripe is the 2-3650 came with badly warped dividers. Is there a way to reshape them?

I've heard that Plano will give you a reasonable quantity of free inserts for personal use if you ask them, so that might be worth exploring. You could also try an old trick for plastic miniatures: hot water to make them malleable, bend to suit, cold water to set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hot water trick seems to work fairly well. I'm not sure if they'll remain straighter but it's better than chits sliding under the wonky inserts.

One weird thing about the 3650 is that it comes with one extra insert, but it's too short to use in any of the compartments. Why not just make it 1/4" longer so it's usable in the box it's in? Mysteries...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.