Subject: Changing Seating Positions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you playing with the same people over a 15-game campaign, do you change seating positions from game to game? Over the two sessions my group of 5 has had so far, we've played 5 games and we've all sat in the same place around the table. This means that while we always roll to see who goes first, the order is always the same.

Would this hinder certain strategies? I'm thinking of having a house rule where we draw for places around the table at the beginning of every game, so we're not always going before and after the same guys. I don't know if it would make much of a difference, but I thought I'd check to see what you guys thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain spoilery game changing packets may actually require you to change seat / turn order positions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My two groups started where the highest dice roll goes first and whoever was sitting to his left would go 2nd. So, really the order was always the same. But in later games, things happened and now we move spots at the start of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockox wrote:
Would this hinder certain strategies? I'm thinking of having a house rule where we draw for places around the table at the beginning of every game, so we're not always going before and after the same guys. I don't know if it would make much of a difference, but I thought I'd check to see what you guys thought.

You will find that this house rule is obsoleted as the game progresses. Don't worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Now I can't stop smiling.

EDIT: Should I change the subject line to reflect spoilers? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff porter
msg tools
mbmb
One thing we did (that applies before and after the change that they are referring to) is instead of just high roller goes first and then proceed to the left, we had the high player go first and then second highest goes second, etc. It is the only house rule we imposed, it is a small change, but I think is completely "better".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoodster
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TehHuntre wrote:
...instead of just high roller goes first and then proceed to the left, we had the high player go first and then second highest goes second, etc.

High player? Do you mean the player who has won the most games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
stoodster wrote:

Let's hope so!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
stoodster wrote:
TehHuntre wrote:
...instead of just high roller goes first and then proceed to the left, we had the high player go first and then second highest goes second, etc.

No, they mean that each person rolls and then the players re-arrange into the order they rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff porter
msg tools
mbmb
Grantor wrote:
stoodster wrote:
TehHuntre wrote:

No, they mean that each person rolls and then the players re-arrange into the order they rolled.

Yeah, what he said. The player with the highest die roll. Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.