Subject: Am I the only one confused about this part of LOS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand all the LOS rules in the book except this one? example, I can not see how A4 can target B4

To my eyes, it looks like I have to bend the line around the corned to get the middle dot of B4?

Corner Cover” on page 13).
Example: Shooting from A1 to B1 is possible. Shooting from A1 to B2, B3, and B4
is impossible. Shooting from A2 to B1 and B2 is possible. Shooting from A2 to B3 and
B4 is impossible. Shooting from A3 to B1, B2, and B3 is possible. Shooting from A3 to
B4 is impossible. Shooting from A4 to all B spaces is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Gentile
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Which "The Book"?
Edit:
Never mind found it on page 11.
If the board is setup correctly the "Line" of sight will go from A4 to the corner between A1 and B1 then to B4. The "Line" should only just hit the corner, in dust tactics when the LOS hits a corner like that it is considered a clear shot with that corner providing soft cover. So A4 to B4 is possible as is B1, B2, and B3 but only A4 to B4 will have soft cover and A3 to B3 ect.

TLDR: If LOS crosses a corner it's clear LOS and Defender gets soft cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not quite right, on the soft cover part. You ONLY get soft cover for skimming a corner if the target is in the square that contains said corner.

So A1 shooting at B1 provides soft cover, but ANY other of those possible shots does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Gentile
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Loop is correct, I missread may as will. Glad you caught that i thought Id been playing wrong this whole time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junlins caanil
Philippines
flag msg tools
mb
Regarding LOS skimming thru two corners, is the situation below also covered by this rule? If so, then there is no LOS for Beobachter to the hammers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, they do not have LOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
junlins wrote:
Regarding LOS skimming thru two corners, is the situation below also covered by this rule? If so, then there is no LOS for Beobachter to the hammers?

Thats another rule I don't understand the rationale behined, why would an object you are using as cover stop the unit from shooting, makes no sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junlins caanil
Philippines
flag msg tools
mb
NFLD wrote:
Correct, they do not have LOS.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.