India
Japan
Siberia
Russia
Northwest Territory
Western United States
Western Australia

Pick/Start Order

1) Dan - Khan Industries ( +1 Troop in each HQ)

2) Eric - Imperial Balkania (Draw a resource card if expanding 4+ territories)

3) Sam - Saharan Republic (Maneuver at any point during your turn)

4) Nathan – Enclave of the Bear (Rolling a natural 3 of a kind and defeating one unit, kills off the rest of the defenders troops and you take the territory.)

Dan started in Western Australia
Eric started in South Africa
Sam started in Iceland
Nathan started in Eastern Canada

The War

Intro

Even though Sam started in Iceland, I really wanted to make use of my new Major City of Icecrown Citadel. I figured he would lose two men going in and with the chance of rolling 3 of a kind, maybe I could take it with ease. And so far, The Bear people have won every major conflict in Greenland. So I had to go for it.

I did already foresee some issues though. With no one standing in Dan’s way in Australia, there was a good chance he would build up like Sam did in Game 1. With no cities being down there yet, he would move un-hindered. I had to hope Eric’s forces in Africa could put up a good fight along enough for me to build up forces.

Turn 1

Dan took all of Australia and South East Asia too. (Where’s a giant earthquake when you need one to shift some of the terrain around…)

Eric learning from Dan’s mistake in game 1, made sure to take all of Africa. Even taking Micahstan, Middle East. Claimed his 1st card.

Sam moving all his forces into Icecrown Citadel made a surprising move. Leaving 1 man behind in Iceland and losing 2 to the Icecrown Citadel he would attack Nathan’s capital in Eastern Canada; his 8 armies to Nathan’s 8. If it worked, it would be genius. If it failed, it would look the folly sense he could have played D with the bunker. Almost like the scene from Lord of the Rings we’re Denethor makes his son Faramir try to take back the ruined city of Osgiliath; one by one Bear people woke from their slumber, hearing the noise of 4 wheelers driving across the snow. One by one they got ready. One by one they killed everyone. Sam finally pulled back with 2 people remaining. He was only able to take out 3 of Nathan’s armies.

Nathan reinforced and attacked Greenland and pushed through to Sam’s capital. Left men evenly throughout all 3 territories. Sam offered a treaty before I took the capital saying that in the future he would attack anyone of my choice if I left him live. I answered with my dice.

Turn 2

Dan’s tanks drove into the Middle East taking it from Eric and a card with it.

Eric put all his forces in Eastern Africa and tried to push into the Middle East, only to be completely rejected. The dice rolls seemed to be very one sided this game.

Sam re-joined the WAR in Northern America and was able to take back Greenland.

Nathan re-re-took back Greenland. Fortifying only Greenland and Eastern Canada.

Turn 3

Dan stormed all of Africa minus Madagascar, where Eric held onto his last army. Dan’s numbers becoming great, it seemed now that even if the other 3 joined forces there wouldn’t be much we could do. Took his 2nd card.

Eric rallied the people of Madagascar and tired to take back his capital in South Africa. This was not to be, quickly going back down to 1 man.

Sam able to gain a treaty with Nathan now expanded his forces towards South America.

Nathan put and maneuvered a lot of his men to each Capital he held to prevent Dan from winning. Or at least make him earn it at least.

Turn 4

Dan finished Eric off and moved his forces to Northern Africa. Took the card Eric had and claimed his 4th, which happened to be the 3 coin Indonesia.

Eric re-joined the WAR in Scandinavia. Dan would either have to come through him to get to Nathan or at the very least lose a man to Oz, Great Britain.

Sam Continued into South America taking the continent.

Nathan reinforced his countries and held tight.

Turn 5

Dan realizing he could turn in all 4 cards for his 4th Red Star and the Win, chose to turn in his cards for troops instead, wanting to win “ “ for real. Dan went to Oz and began to smash away at Sam’s capital that Nathan held. When Nathan was down to two men, he switched over to Eric, wanting to be able to open the Elimination packet. Eric’s dice this game didn’t hold. He was eliminated and Dan took the final capital for the win.

Elimination packet was opened.

Eric liking what he saw for Blue powers, chose the “Gain a card if you expanded into a empty city”. The rich get richer.

Thoughts

My one thought so far is how in all 3 games, the Enclave of the Bear have always been able to take Greenland or defend against Greenland. Some very cool history.

Rewards

Dan – Named Australia: Epicaricacy Isle
Sam – Minor City in Central America: Skunk Man
Nathan – Added a Second coin to Greenland (though after writing this, I wish I would have thrown a city of Osgiliath in Eastern Canada. Lol, I think I’ll try for it in the next game!)

Current Status of the World

Till next time!!!!

Game 1 - Winner: Sam - Saharan Republic
Game 2 - Winner: Nathan - Saharan Republic
Game 3 – Winner: Dan - Khan Industries

Continue the WAR ----> Game 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. Balkania with those two powers seems incredibly strong. I'd grab that first thing, hope for last placement, and just get as far away from everybody else as possible. You could easily get three or four free cards without fighting a single battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both gaming groups have gone with that Blue power for the Imperial Balkania but neither have played a game sense getting it. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how strong they might be. Especially if I'm the one playing them. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was the first to be eliminated in my game, and I specifically took that power for Die Mechaniker so that Balkania couldn't get it. Were it on Balkania, it'd be great if I got Balkania, but it'd be a nuisance if somebody else got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We opened our Elim packet last night, but it states clearly on ours "the next time someone is eliminated" not this current game. I don't know if these things also vary from Earth to Earth.

Cool report though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
We opened our Elim packet last night, but it states clearly on ours "the next time someone is eliminated" not this current game. I don't know if these things also vary from Earth to Earth.

Cool report though.

Turns out that the "next time" and "from now on" are language needed because later factions gain a blue power by being knocked out, not eliminated. The first player eliminated does get the first blue power.

Found Here
And Here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Critical Geek

California
msg tools
Spoiler has been marked on this thread, so this should be ok.

The exact quote on the card is:

"The player controlling the eliminated faction chooses a comeback power and places it onto the blue slot on his faction card.
From now on, whenever a faction with an empty blue slot is knocked out or eliminated, the controlling player chooses a comeback power and places it onto the blue slot on his faction card.
..."

So it quite explicitly mentions what happens for the faction that got wiped out, AND THEN talks about what happens to future powers.

For some reason this is a common misconception, so I'm thinking it's how the the brain is wired to miss things like the fact I just used two "the"s in this sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.