United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy this game. Any chance there will be an expansion to this? I have no idea how it was received, but I would fork over some cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard of any expansions coming, but there are two promos sold in the geekstore: Frigg and Vidar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just got them in the mail and used Frigg yesterday. Very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from maybe the extra Gods, I can see no reason for any expansion here.

It's a great self-contained game, complete in itself, plays plenty of players - for my part I'd say, let's leave it as is, and enjoy it Sometimes less is more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I like about it as opposed to the often-compared Ghost Stories is that you feel like you are okay, even though you are probably pretty close to losing. Last night we were playing and were cavalier as we had about 8 cards left. Then after three consec Nidhogg pulls, Ragnorak!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the game as is, but I definitely think it has a lot of flexibility for expansions.

potentially:
new enemy gods
new types of angry or ragnorok cards
new frost giants (not associated with runes, or with a new rune)
new weapon
new gods of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dyepbr wrote:
I love the game as is, but I definitely think it has a lot of flexibility for expansions.

potentially:
new enemy gods
new types of angry or ragnorok cards
new frost giants (not associated with runes, or with a new rune)
new weapon
new gods of course

Ygg can be compared to the likes of Pandemic or Shadows Over Camelot in the broad sense. If we were to take inspiration from Pandemic's exp, then we could add:
--some event that makes the enemy force(s) stronger
--7th or 8th enemy force (can be triggered by Angry God cards in lieu of the usual double movement)
--still only 6 enemey forces, but more of them to choose from.
--someone who plays as a traitor (a term NOT in the co-op sense), but who plays as a bad guy from the start

--Since the Gods' gameplay isn't primarily card driven, there's no window to introduce cards there, but you can indeed use new weapon cards at least, or updates to the Sacred Land/Vanir mechanic.
(discard a card and 3 vikings to ignore the effect of an enemy force for 1 turn).

Push come to shove, i'd much rather have an exp done right then no exp at all. Who knows, they probably alr have exp ideas that they ended up leaving out for the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

--someone who plays as a traitor (a term NOT in the co-op sense), but who plays as a bad guy from the start

Thematically speaking, that's easy enough to do: Loki was an Aesir god, and sometimes he helped out the gods, sometimes he caused them misery. He was (and still is) very hard to figure out in the Norse mythos. He's hard to pin down, and is as slippery as an eel.....or is that salmon?whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am enjoying the game too. I think it's one of those where an expansion would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eclectic games
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
One coming at Essen, SFAIK. IIRC, the gods get a chance to go into a trance for their turn to activate a different ability for the cost of missing their go. Plus six new gods (two of which were the promo ones).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eclectic wrote:
One coming at Essen, SFAIK. IIRC, the gods get a chance to go into a trance for their turn to activate a different ability for the cost of missing their go. Plus six new gods (two of which were the promo ones).

From reading the description:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/127216/yggdrasil...
It looks like we get tiles for all the old and new gods. So the two promo god cards from the Geek Store, are probably not included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
eclectic wrote:

From reading the description:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/127216/yggdrasil...
It looks like we get tiles for all the old and new gods. So the two promo god cards from the Geek Store, are probably not included.

I have got to get this!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.