Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: More Questions (sorry!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. When does the first player token pass?

2. Is there a limit to the number of missiles on a single ship? We had cruisers with three plasma missiles and a computer and they consistently wiped out even the largest fleets before retaliation could happen (including heavily upgraded dreadnaughts).

3. Can you put a monolith and an orbital on the same spot? Or is it one or the other?

4. Is there any good way to take population cubes back?

5. Do shields just suck?

6. Given that you can't split damage from a single die, are antimatter cannons EVER worth the energy? Yes, they cut through armor, but it seems like more often than not two hits for two energy is way better than four hits for four energy, since usually those extra hits are superfluous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben MacFarlane
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. First player token goes to the player who passes first.
2. No - missiles are very powerful.
3. You can have both in the same hex (I believe).
4. Use an influence action to take back influence from a hex you control - your population will go back with it.
5. Shields are only useful when an opponent has computers - they are a great solution to question 2.
6. As with shields only being useful when an opponent has computers, bigger guns are only useful when an opponent has added hull to his ships. Also bigger guns are intimidating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you read the rulebook?

1. When the first player passes. In the rulebook.
2. No limitations. Missiles are powerful, but not overly so. If you don't kill everything with that first salvo, your dead. Get lots of double hull and shields to counter heavy missile platforms. Or get missiles yourself.
3. Yes. In the rulebook.
4. Not sure I understand your question. Back from where? The hex map? Your population track?
5. No.
6. Yes. Being able to one shot most cruisers is nice. Or imagine a 3x double hull dreadnought. 2 shots, dead. This of course depends on what your opponents are doing, but that IS the beauty of this game. Plus, nothing says "Stay off my porch" like a computered, 2 antimatter dreadnought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have read the rulebook; I missed number one my first time through and couldn't seem to find an answer in my search, and number three I found the wording to be ambiguous.

Regardless, thank you both for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Welc
Poland
Wrocław (Vratislavia)
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ignorantpenguin wrote:
are antimatter cannons EVER worth the energy?

One AC hit wipes out 4 population cubes. So it could be an alternative to bombs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.