Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend owns the core set, Legends and the Redemption of a Mage expansions and when we pitted the different factions against each other the Order factions: Dwarfs and Empire seemed underpowered and the Chaos seemed over powered. Did anyone get the same opinion and what expansions would you guys recommend to boost the Empire and Dwarf decks and balance the factions? Thanks in Advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Daugherty
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the battle packs as does most of my group members. It would be my opinion that the Dark Elves are the most effective then Chaos. However, the recent European champion made a Dwarf deck that is pretty impressive. But I played that deck vs the Gen Con World Championship Dark Elf deck and the pointy ears still won two in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dwarves clean up in our area, followed by Dark Elves. A good orc rush deck will win now and then as well.

I'd say the only deck that's really weak right now are the high elves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you don't have Assault on Ulthuan, there's no point discussing High and Dark Elves here.

With just the Core Set, I'd expect Dwarves and Orcs to be the strongest among most playing groups. Legends has some strong Chaos cards, so you might be seeing the effect of that. However, Redemption of a Mage is a very good battlepack for Empire, with Knights Panther and the indomitable Friedrich Hemmler.

A lot of it depends on how often you have played though (in the other thread is sounds like you came to your conclusion after just one game, and a multiplayer one at that, an approach for which there aren't official rules and which warps the experience), and if there's groupthink at work. If you all share a certain playing style, some factions more suited to that will naturally be dominant. I wouldn't worry too much for now and just keep playing, and try out new approaches (for example rush if you're used to slow build ups). Regardless of that, the next expansions you get should be Assault on Ulthuan (for High and Dark Elves) and March of the Damned (best bang for the buck, like the other two deluxe expansions, and good cards for all factions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.