Matt Sanderson
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How does Descent 1st edition play with 2-players? If you primarily play 2-players, would it be worth jumping into the Descent pool with this 2nd edition when it's released?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Lorenzo Santiago
msg tools
mb
Very nicely, i play with my girlfriend. First it was a bit slow, because she has to control all the 4 heroes,( has to remember each caracter skills) but she improved fast. Now we are playing road to legend, and we are enjoying it more than vanilla (last RtL game was 7 hours laugh, we could stop wenever we want, but didnt want to ). I dont plan to buy the second edition yet, shorter games will be nice, but im not sure about the changes made to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Zámyslický
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Javier said, Descent is quite playable with just two players if (and I can't stress that enough) the hero player can handle multiple heroes at once. Most of the scenarios are unplayable with less than three heroes and some are really tough to beat with only three heroes.

But don't be afraid, it's not that hard to control multiple heroes at once - and once you play a few games, you'll know the abilities well enough that your play will be as fluid as if you controlled only one hero.

As for the second edition - no one can tell at the moment. We've got only sparse information from FFG and the exact rules still remain a mystery. You'll probably have to wait until the second edition comes out and then decide which version you'd rather go with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Litwiller
United States
McPherson
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered the 2nd Edition and have been wondering the same thing as I am hoping to play this with my 13 year old little brother. So excited for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.