Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Digger Cook
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to build my first wall blocking one of the two lava flows headed toward my village from the center space. Is this legal?

I don't see why you can't place a wall to block a lava flow before any tiles are placed on that flow, but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris James
United States
Payson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, building a wall on a lava flow on the center space is legal.

This is captured in the "Walls on a Lava Flow" section of the rules: "Walls can be built on a specific lava flow by placing them near the edge of a tile or the center of the board." (italics added)

Happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Harrison
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Placing walls on center spaces may not be the better strategy over placing walls on the perimeter of your village. Walls that are in the center spaces get tested every time another player wants to place a lava flow that connects to the center space. If every other player decides to connect lava to the space that has your wall, in order to remove your wall, and as long as it is a legal move, your wall is likely to be burned down before your turn comes up again. Whereas, if the wall is on the perimeter of your village, it will last the entire round for each successful roll during your turn. The first scenario would require either, more luck on your dice rolls, other players being less aggressive towards you, or a surplus of wall resources, to be more effective, when compared to saving walls for the perimeter of your village.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.