Subject: Boardgaming in Broward for a 9-5 Worker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that there are gaming days on Wednesday at Cool Stuff and Thursdays at Tates. I don't get back home from work till about 7:00. Since they are both businesses they have closing times. Any suggestions on a good place to find games to play, that can work with a work schedule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in your same shoes, although it's 7:30 -5:30. There is always Saturdays at Joel's in Miami. What type of games do you play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are meetups (meetup.com) that might work for you. One is at Florida Supercomics in Davie, which officially closes at 10, but sometimes they have let the group play until 11:30. Another is at CSI and they go until the store closes at 10.

I hope to start doing Sunday afternoon gaming at GXE in Pompano, and will announce those through the "BIG" meetup group. The 2 Sunday events we have had so far have each attracted 5 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information everyone. I might try CSI or FSC if they are open that late. I didn't even know about GXE. I will also have to sign up on Meetup

I like to play all sorts of games, but I will tell you that War Games never really caught on with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Patrick,

If Miami isnt too far a drive, we have a very active group down here. We have constant gatherings at local stores, homes, and the university of Miami. I organize the meetup at UM, and we typically get 25-30 gamers at those meetups. Google and join the Miami board game meetup group and you can stay in the loop. Once members have met you at a public gathering, you'll probably start to get invites to private gatherings at homes that happen as often as three times a week.

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.