Jack Nastyface
Canada
Tsawwassen
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gentles all,

Would the counters / units from other LnL modern-era games be compatible with Day of Heroes (and conversely, could you use the DoH units in other modern LnL games)? The Delta and sniper units appear to be somewhat special for this game...would they be "too powerful" on a Heroes of the Gap game...and would Heroes of the Gap units be underwhelming in a DoH game?

I ask partially because I would like to try a scenario using a bradley from HotG...and also because I notice that the DoH M1 Abrams is very slightly up-armored than the one in HotG, and the RPG-16 is WAY up-gunned than the RPG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't all LnL system games basically compatible? There is no stat reset, like between WaW and NaW, AFAIK.

The Ranger and Delta and Seal units in DoH are about as elite of a concentration of units as you can get. Remember, they were sent to Mogadishu with no expectation of armored combat, and equipped to have a light footprint. Plus, some of their special rules probably reflect the quality of their opponents (Somalis street gangs). But, with that in mind, I'd think they are compatible with HoG. Not all HoG units are as good, but none are bad. The differences in vehicles may be improvements made during the 6 years between the periods the two game portray (1985 vice 1991). Newer M-1 Abrams received armor upgrades during that time frame.

BTW, my visionary variant scenario No Country for Young Men goes in a completely unexpected and opposite direction, and pits Somali Militia against ersatz Somali Army troops in a battle for Mogadishu that happened just last summer. I don't remember why I mention it, perhaps it's the word "variant."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
ZombieMark wrote:
Aren't all LnL system games basically compatible? There is no stat reset, like between WaW and NaW, AFAIK.

The Ranger and Delta and Seal units in DoH are about as elite of a concentration of units as you can get. Remember, they were sent to Mogadishu with no expectation of armored combat, and equipped to have a light footprint. Plus, some of their special rules probably reflect the quality of their opponents (Somalis street gangs). But, with that in mind, I'd think they are compatible with HoG. Not all HoG units are as good, but none are bad. The differences in vehicles may be improvements made during the 6 years between the periods the two game portray (1985 vice 1991). Newer M-1 Abrams received armor upgrades during that time frame.

BTW, my visionary variant scenario No Country for Young Men goes in a completely unexpected and opposite direction, and pits Somali Militia against ersatz Somali Army troops in a battle for Mogadishu that happened just last summer. I don't remember why I mention it, perhaps it's the word "variant."

you have vision all right.....modestwhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:

If I have seen more than other men, it is because I have felt other men.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
hipshot wrote:

If I have seen more than other men, it is because I have felt other men.

NO WAIT! Because I have felt MORE than other men.

More than they have felt me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.