J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm likely jumping the gun on asking about this, but as there are time constraints in place, it's probably best to make sure I know what I should expect...

I just sent a damaged-game message to Valley Games, on the subject of a copy of Supernova that I purchased, new in shrink, that turned out to be significantly mold-tainted when it arrived at my house today. As I bought it from a seller on Amazon Marketplace, I only have a 30-day window to initiate a return/refund within, and I would need to have an answer back from Valley Games before the end of that window, so that I know what to do.

I've seen a few of the threads here about Valley Games being slow to respond, and this worries me a little, as does the notification on their site that Supernova is sold out at their level. Should I be jumping straight to a return with the seller on Amazon, or am I likely to get a response and/or replacement from Valley Games within a suitably short amount of time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Let me alert them to this thread and see if they can respond. Send an email if you have not done so already with your full address. I am not sure what parts they have available. But I am in almost daily contact with one of the owners so I can get his attention quickly if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent a second email, in that case. Thanks a lot, brian; I've been wanting this game for a while and it's a bit of a buzzkill to have this kind of issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you'd already talked to them, brian, but I found an email in my inbox from Torben as soon as I hit the computer today, so obviously any fears about the speed that this would be addressed with are unfounded, at least as far as this case is concerned.

I just hope they can find enough replacement parts to remedy my issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
HikariStarshine wrote:
I don't know if you'd already talked to them, brian, but I found an email in my inbox from Torben as soon as I hit the computer today, so obviously any fears about the speed that this would be addressed with are unfounded, at least as far as this case is concerned.

I just hope they can find enough replacement parts to remedy my issue.

I emailed Rik and directed him to this thread as soon as I posted. He hasn't responded to that so he may have just forwarded it to Torben or they took care of you despite my efforts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'd hoped I wouldn't have to do this, but seeing as how, given other threads on here, the only way to get any action seems to be taking things public, here goes:

Despite a quick early response via email, it's been seven months and I haven't had *anything* come of this issue. A suitable solution was worked out all the way back at the end of January, and then... nothing. I asked what was going on with this at the end of March, and was informed by Torben on April 9 that things were being sent that day.

That is the *last* response I've heard from Valley Games regarding my issue. I haven't seen any sign of what they claimed to be sending me, and none of my subsequent emails have been responded to.

Needless to say, not a happy customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HikariStarshine wrote:

Sounds like you may need to take a number like a deli customer, although quite possibly with a less appetizing end result. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward wrote:
HikariStarshine wrote:

Sounds like you may need to take a number like a deli customer, although quite possibly with a less appetizing end result. yuk

Yeah, so I gathered. :/ But I felt it was in the interest of the community as a whole to know that this issue was *not* solved, even though my earlier posts suggested that it had been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fired an email to Julie over the weekend, just to see if changing the person I tried to get in touch with would fix the issue, and it seems to have done so. We'll see if everything's sorted now, but... fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Julie is awesome. That is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.