Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabrizio d'Ottavio
Italy
Villaricca(Napoli)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I played with Humans.
Well I feel that human has got few to do during the game they do the majority of their points at the end of the game with their bonuses for reikland and normal stars.
I feel the way they have got to do points during the game is less effective than ones of the other races...they do points by giving ball to catchers: the problem is that catchers don't have the Pass skill,and Throwers only have 1 Pass Skill so to give them the ball you have to get it with Attackers,then place the Catcher and then give the ball to them placing a Throwers hoping that no-one has stolen the ball or has been successfull in a block against your attacker...they need 3 placement and no-change between them...so it's simply impossible I think to do points this way...you could only if you get some staff or tactic that give additional Passes...so normally the special skill of catcher is almost ineffecttive

Other races get additional points with only a single placement(like Elves)or 2(like Caos)

I think that human Throwers(Quarterbacks ?)needed at least a Double Pass Icon to let their tactic be effective...(so you can give ball to Catchers with only 2 placement)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmb
Humans tend to win a lot of games, even when they lose matches. all those bonus fans add up and if you pick up the team upgrade that gives all star Players the Freebooter ability, they become whatever team they want to be. Humans are incredibly good and don't need more skills or abilities, to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio d'Ottavio
Italy
Villaricca(Napoli)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I don't get it during my first game with them...what is this freebooter ability with Star Players?

I don't know ,I only know that during our last game we had really few match that gave additional stars and I really loose badly with humans....I think they are too subject to getting stars..and if they don't have any possibility to get them they won't do anything good...

oh ok now I get it a little more freebooter is "battitore libero"hero here in Italy ok...Heroes that let you discard a normal card and shuffle your deck...ok so Humans have got a special tactic that gives all heroes this ability I didn't notice it...I got only 3 out of 5 tactic cards...but all the same if this tactic doesn't come out?
So if I get what you said I have been really unlucky in my last game with few heroes and without the most useful tactic that I could have got...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The humans seem like their stuff revolves around being popular despite not being any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Humans are are jack of all trades but masters of none when it comes to the game itself. Their strength definitely lies in being popular. However they can quickly overcome their in game gaps if they get certain star players or staff upgrades. That's where their versatility kicks in. An extra block or pass skill can make them very effective. Likewise getting a few good star players going really helps.

The best team upgrade then can get to help win matchups is the one that allows you to treat all star players as if they have the freebooter ability as well. If you can luck out and snag that one earlier you can really make a strong team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroqgar wrote:
I feel the way they have got to do points during the game is less effective than ones of the other races...they do points by giving ball to catchers: the problem is that catchers don't have the Pass skill,and Throwers only have 1 Pass Skill so to give them the ball you have to get it with Attackers,then place the Catcher and then give the ball to them placing a Throwers hoping that no-one has stolen the ball or has been successfull in a block against your attacker...they need 3 placement and no-change between them...so it's simply impossible I think to do points this way...you could only if you get some staff or tactic that give additional Passes...so normally the special skill of catcher is almost ineffecttive

Other races get additional points with only a single placement(like Elves)or 2(like Caos)

I think that human Throwers(Quarterbacks ?)needed at least a Double Pass Icon to let their tactic be effective...(so you can give ball to Catchers with only 2 placement)

Human Throwers have Dump Off, don't they? That means they can pick up the ball AND give it to another player as one action. So you don't need three placements, only two. Put down the Catcher first, then play the Thrower with Dump Off.

Unless you mean that the opponent has the ball already. Then you'd need three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The on-card Fan bonuses are always a bit harsh to acquire. They're usually designed for overcommitting to one matchup. Here you need to pair up a Thrower and Catcher (with Dump Off you don't need double pass icon to get the ball to the Catcher), With Chaos you need to pair up Chaos Warrior with another tackler, and you need to not get any Guard or such things in the way so you can injure the player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Humans' advantage is clearer in a multiple players game.They can split their cards so they send their bashy guys against the agile teams and their ball control guys against the bashy teams. They're also a lot less likely to get stuck in a bad matchup in two players games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bradshaw
United States
Farmington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Jlerpy wrote:
The humans seem like their stuff revolves around being popular despite not being any good.

Yes, they really emphasize the theme in this game that it's not about winning games, it's about winning fans.

Also, I think the Humans really benefit, more than other teams, from getting the Tackling Coach (to further leverage their Blitzers, the heart of the team) and Passing Coach (to have more options for getting the ball to the Catchers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pierre jean monrozies
France
flag msg tools
For me the power of human is : Griphon Age ( french name)
Socre : add mercenary skill to a star

that means that you keep a short deck with increasing strength so my goal is to get as early as possible this team add on.

then its works perfectly with : Recruiting agent
When you pick stars add one before choosing.

Mining you can optimize your deck very quickly and still have 12 cards in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.