Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game (absolutely loved it, btw), but a couple questions came up.

1. When entering into melee with an Ambush action card, can the player who the Ambush was played against counter with a Light Wounds to offset the squad break?

2. Fire Groups
a. If one unit of a fire group has a hindrance modifier, does that apply to the entire group's total FP even if the rest of the group does not have the same hindrance?

b. There's a leader with a 1 command value who actived, say, 4 units. They form a fire group. The base (5 FP) is NOT in the leader's hex, but he's next to the leader. He'd get +1 added to his fire factor, making it 6, then one each for the the other three units for 9. But what of the unit who IS in the same hex with the leader? Does he get an additional FP to add to the fire group because of the leader's command factor? Or is it still only 1?

(I hope that make sense.)

Thanks in advance for any help. What a great game.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
1)yes you can, and more interesting if it was a conscript type unit they could come back as a stronger unit depending on the OB status.

2)a) yes, if any member of a firegroup has a hinderance it applies to the whole group. Likewise if any member has an elevation bonus -/+ it would apply as well.

b)not sure what you did in that case it would not get a +1 but the leader bonus is only applied in his hex. pg13

choose the base unit (plus leader or vet mods as applies) and add 1 for each other unit in both range and los to the target hex that is firing - highest hindrance from any of the firing units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlbertaClipper wrote:
I just played my first game (absolutely loved it, btw), but a couple questions came up.

1. When entering into melee with an Ambush action card, can the player who the Ambush was played against counter with a Light Wounds to offset the squad break?

Yes. You go ahead play Light Wounds and replace the unbroken squad with an unbroken team - giving your opponent 1 VP. Then continue with the melee.

Quote:
2. Fire Groups
a. If one unit of a fire group has a hindrance modifier, does that apply to the entire group's total FP even if the rest of the group does not have the same hindrance?

Yes. You generally wouldn't add in a unit whose hindrance is greater than what they add to the shot.

Quote:
b. There's a leader with a 1 command value who actived, say, 4 units. They form a fire group. The base (5 FP) is NOT in the leader's hex, but he's next to the leader. He'd get +1 added to his fire factor, making it 6, then one each for the the other three units for 9. But what of the unit who IS in the same hex with the leader? Does he get an additional FP to add to the fire group because of the leader's command factor? Or is it still only 1?

No, the leader's bonus would only be added to the base unit of the group if it were in the same hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
beat you cindy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:
beat you cindy

Yeah, I spent too long being fancy with the quotes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mb
AlbertaClipper wrote:

Actually, those units in stack with the 1CP Leader do all get, individually, a +1FP, but since none of them is the base unit of the Fire Group, they only add 1 point each to the Fire Group's total FP. (O20.3.1.2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much, everyone. This cleared everything up.

I had one more that I thought of since my previous post:Are there any instances where you can deploy a squad other than when the Deploy Event comes up, or in the case of overstacking at the end of your turn?

Thanks again!
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
AlbertaClipper wrote:
:Are there any instances where you can deploy a squad other than when the Deploy Event comes up, or in the case of overstacking at the end of your turn?

Nope - that is the only way to deploy a squad into two teams.

By the wording of the rules, the single deploy granted upon being overstacked is actually a single free instance of the Deploy event.

If you are looking to replace squads on the map with teams - A36. Light Wounds is another way that can happen though it replaces a single squad with a single team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Light Wounds is another way that can happen though it replaces a single squad with a single team.

Yes, it is explicit that Light Wounds replaces a squad with only 1 team, not two, isn't it! I should have caught that if I was reading carefully.

Thanks again!
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Hager
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to CC! (those letters stand for "Crack Cocaine" I believe, as this game is the most addictive one i've ever played.)

Do yourself a favor and at least pick up CC Mediterranean, it's the missing half of the Europe game. Those two boxes together constitute the best value in wargaming, providing nearly unlimited replay value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No kidding on the crack part; I'm finding this out. I'm playing Scenario 2 (and hopefully 3) tonight. I figure that should justify another $80 expenditure for Mediterranean. Maybe even Resistance!

Thanks again for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DeWolfe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mediterranean is pretty much mandatory, it just adds so much to the game (especially to random scenarios, because it adds the three extra decks). I'm assuming from the name AlbertaClipper that you might be Canadian, so there's another reason to get Mediterranean - it gives you the opportunity to fight with Canadian orders of battle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.