Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where I can purchase some thematic replacement coins that come in the denominations of 1, 5 and 10? I love the ones that come with the game (despite their inability to stack very well), but the fact that there is no 5 denomination just drives me nuts when I'm trying to hand out money and make change. I can't bring myself to introduce poker chips into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Radzienski
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
Me
badge
Me
mbmbmbmbmb
There is enough money to use those 10 as 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radzik5555 wrote:

Yup. That's what I always tell people. "Silver is 1. Gold is 5."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
radzik5555 wrote:

Yup. That's what I always tell people. "Silver is 1. Gold is 5."
that's how we play too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you not see the Realm Coins kickstarter? Sure, they're more medieval looking, but still cool.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1095993227/realm-coins?r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paula Webb
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We painted a portion of our coins bronze to act as 1's and then use silver for 5 and gold for 10. I will try to get a pick up of them later.

It works out really well. We used a bronze colored acrylic paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for the replies. The Kickstarter coins look very nice, but it appears that it is too late to get on board for that. Besides, I was hoping for a bit more economical solution. As such, I'll probably just try the suggestion to treat the gold coins as having a value of $5. Most of my games are with 3 or 4 players, so it sounds like I shouldn't have a problem. Painting the coins would be another option if I end up playing alot of 5 and 6 player games where money becomes an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rfeldster wrote:
Thanks very much for the replies. The Kickstarter coins look very nice, but it appears that it is too late to get on board for that.

From update #3 on the Kickstarter...

Quote:
A number of people have asked if the coins will be available after the kickstarter is over. Yes, we've received enough funding to be able to buy extra coins and sell them. We'll be selling them on our game publishing website MusedFable.com (there is currently nothing there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the gold coins from the Dread Pirate game. Heavy yellow metal that matches, in smaller form factor. Buy a used copy, swap coins, and resell (with disclaimer, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Smalley
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I realize this thread was FOREVER ago, but just in case you hadn't found anything spectacular yet...

I just purchased these from liveactionproducts.com

They're fabulous! They're reasonably priced, and have lots of options. 3 different colors, 3 different sizes. They come in plastic (lightweight and cheap), plastic with a metal core (still cheap, but have a really nice weight to them) or metal (authentic and awesome, but a little more expensive). If you're still in the market for some thematic coins for games, check these out!

http://liveactionproducts.com/plastic-with-steel-core-primit...

I got the plastic with a steel core, in gold, in the smallest size. They're about the size of a penny.

- M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.