Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the good guy objective last night: "build 3 developments and gain a dragon rune." Are development cards counted, or just the little plug-in tokens that stick to strongholds and, now, the capital?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would say it only applies to the tokens, but that's a good one to ask; I'll add it to my list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artur borzym
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
build means build development cards isn't build, only tokens is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kurz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are not as it would make that objective to easy.
As you can build one development and buy one card per Harvest Order you would only need two orders (and only the starting stronghold) for that objective - far too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arturborzym wrote:

Well, the objective itself doesn't say "build", it says "If you have 3 or more developments in play during your turn..."

And I can see a definite argument that the cards count for this, though I don't think they were meant to as I agree it would make this one extremely easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
arturborzym wrote:

Well, the objective itself doesn't say "build", it says "If you have 3 or more developments in play during your turn..."

And I can see a definite argument that the cards count for this, though I don't think they were meant to as I agree it would make this one extremely easy.

Right, yeah, that was my thinking as well. And given that development cards themselves cost additional resources (and more than a token!), it's only cheaper time-wise than if you count only tokens. In the short term, yowza, you can spend yourself poor awfully fast if you build both a token and a card.

When we played we said it was tokens-only, based on the economics of buying both tokens and cards with one action. But in actual play, buying both had an opportunity cost all its own. The development cards that cost food are real ballbusters, in particular.

Is there a Banners of War FAQ thread somewhere I didn't see? Or are you just scraping together questions on your own for one big run at Christian or whomever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just send questions to Corey as I get them, though I send them in small batches. (Corey K. is the designer for this one, not Christian, for what it's worth )

I got an email from Corey saying he is working on a Banners of War FAQ. But I also kind of maintain a document (in the files section) of all the rulings Corey has given to various people as sort of a pseudo-official-extended FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COREY! Corey. Sorry COREY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.