Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just curious - at first I was thinking maybe this was meant to be an "open source" type project, but then I noticed everything stamped "all rights reserved" and a mention of hopes for publication on the blog, so apparently that's not it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Excellent question!

It is an open source project, but I still assert rights to the project. It's more of a defensive posture in case someone decided to profit off of my work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, gotcha!

You might want to consider going with a Creative Commons license that kind of spells that out more specifically;

For example, this one

indicates that it can be freely distributed and/or changed, but that if anything is changed it must still give credit back to you. As well as indicating that it cannot be used for commercial purposes, and lastly that anything redistributed, regardless of if there are any changes, must continue to have this same license (so even if there are multiple changes, even if the theme is completely changed, etc, the rights still lead back to you.)

And then if by some luck you end up publishing, you can change it over to a full copyright or whatever.

Just a thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I should probably do that then. Amazing how I work with open source software all the time and it never hit me to register things this way.

I'll have to update the materials at some point to reflect the true intent of the license. Doh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.